Auguste is a monk of the Holy Order of Entrana. He has lived on the island his entire life, learning the ways of Saradomin and leading a peaceful life. However, Auguste's desire for a more exciting life has finally convinced him to seek something more. He can be found on the western coast of the southern half of the island.
Auguste has the honour of being the inventor of the first hot-air balloon, and convinces players to help him in this quest to fly around RuneScape in the quest Enlightened Journey. Once the quest is completed, players who have sufficient Firemaking levels can make use of the Balloon transport system to travel to various locations.
If players have a bomber cap and gnome goggles with them, Auguste will sew them together free of charge.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 1 April 2019 (Update):
- Players can now again store logs with Auguste for hot air balloon charges.
- patch 24 April 2013 (Update):
- A stretching issue with Auguste when you crash into the sea during An Enlightened Journey has been fixed.
- His name and occupation are a reference to Auguste Piccard, who was a Swiss balloonist.
- His appearance and character are also a reference to Jean-Luc Picard, a Star Trek character who was based on Auguste Piccard. On his collar Auguste has only three gold studs, unlike Jean-Luc Picard, who has four gold studs marking his captain rank.
- He was the original "test dummy" for the updated chatheads before the graphics update.
- Auguste says "Player, it's been a privilege flying with you." which is a possible reference to what some commercial pilots say at the end of a flight.