Augmented Zaros godsword (blood)
|Augmented Zaros godsword (blood)|
|Release||17 July 2017 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You must augment another one using an augmentor. In addition, you will lose all the item's XP and gizmos.|
|High alch||750,000 coins|
|Low alch||500,000 coins|
|A godsword with the power of a black hole harnessed at its core.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The blood-dyed augmented Zaros godsword is a Zaros godsword that has been augmented and dyed - it is otherwise the same as the undyed variant. The dyeing process is irreversible. It can be made by using an augmentor on a Zaros godsword (blood), or by using blood dye on an augmented Zaros godsword.
Augmented dyed equipment do not feature the cogs associated with most augmented items (they look identical to non-augmented versions). Disassembling augmented dyed items does not return the dye. Dying in unsafe player-versus-player (PvP) combat with this item drops a broken Zaros godsword - the dye, augmentor, and gizmos are lost.
Weapon gizmos charged with perks can be used to enhance the item's abilities. As a two-handed slot item, the Augmented Zaros godsword (blood) can hold 2 gizmo's, allowing up to 4 perks (2 perks each).
Using this item in combat can gain experience to increase its level. Levelling the weapon will have no effect on its ability in combat, but it will improve the experience and materials gained for disassembling it.
The Augmented Zaros godsword (blood) uses charges stored in the universal charge pack. When the charge pack runs out of charges, the item loses stats and gizmo effects, and can also no longer gain any equipment experience. Function will resume when the pack is recharged with divine charges.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit source]
The Zaros godsword has a special attack called Blackhole. Once activated, the special attack creates a swirling black hole under the player's current location, which has an area-of-effect of 7x7 (grid of game squares), that lasts for 21 seconds (35 game ticks). This special attack costs 50% adrenaline, and has a 60 second cooldown. When the player is within the area-of-effect, their melee damage is increased by 25%. However, it appears that the buff is active on different ticks for different sources of damage. If tick 1 is the cast of Blackhole, then:
- on tick 1, nothing can be boosted (buff appears on bar)
- on tick 2, only auto attacks cast on this tick will be boosted
- on ticks 3-35, everything cast on these ticks will be boosted
This means that at most there are 34 damage boosting ticks (sources of damage cast between tick 2 and tick 35). If the originally targeted monster is within the area-of-effect of the black hole, it will take 25%-50% ability damage every 1.8 seconds (3 ticks).
Comparison with other damage-boosting abilities[edit source]
The Zaros godsword is used as a switch for its special attack. Just like Magic's Sunshine and Range's Death's Swiftness abilities, the damage-boosting effect of the special attack is not lost when the player switches weapons. The Zaros godsword allows melee users to alternate between its special attack and Berserk ability to increase their overall damage-per-minute.
(with planted feet)
|Cooldown||60 seconds||60 seconds|
|Duration||20 seconds||30 seconds (37.8 seconds)|
|Damage dealt||25%-50%||10%-20% (0%)|
Notable facts[edit source]
- The damage boosting effect begins 1 tick after the special attack is cast.
- If the player is under the effects of Berserk, and then uses the special attack, Berserk's damage-boosting properties will take priority.
- The damage boost stacks with that of the dragon battleaxe.
- The damage-boosting effect does not increase the damage of any bleed abilities, like Dismember, Slaughter, and Blood Tendrils, nor any melee damage inflicted by familiars.
- The ability duration is not affected by the planted feet perk.
- If the initial target stays within the area-of-effect for the entire duration of the black hole, then it will take a maximum of 11 hits (275%-550% ability damage).
- The adrenaline cost of the special attack is not reduced by the effects from the Conservation of Energy relic, or the Invigorate aura.
- The adrenaline cost of the special attack is reduced by the effects from the Ring of vigour, the Asylum surgeon's ring, and the Relentless perk.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Two-handed swords|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|2 × Ilujankan components||Always|
The Augmented Zaros godsword (blood) can be levelled up by using it. The equipment experience required for each level and the effect of disassembly is as follows:
|Table of experience and effect|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Blood dyed equipment
Two-handed slash weapons
|Dyed noxious scythe|
|Dyed Zaros godsword|