Attack of the Zombie Sprouts
|Attack of the Zombie Sprouts|
|Release date||20 October 2016 (Update)|
|End date||28 October 2016 (Update)|
|Reward||Inflorescent Wings, Decaying Wings, Roooots|
|Head developer||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Attack of the Zombie Sprouts is an event that ran from 20 to 28 October 2016. In it big sprout and big zombie sprout could be found battling each other inside a hedged area with sprouts and zombie sprouts, respectively. Lady Niya and evil Niya could be talked to about the event, to check the progress towards rewards and to claim the rewards south of Draynor Manor. In other locations the Evil Goatee replaced them. Outside the hedged area there was a warning sign that said "Warning! Dangerous sprouts fighting! Do NOT attempt to interfere by tending to the sprouts. Do NOT attempt to cheer on any sprouts. All offers of rewards, such as magical wings, should be ignored."
Activities[edit | edit source]
Players can do one of the following actions in the event area south of Draynor Manor or in the random locations that switch every 15 minutes:
- Promote growth of the big sprout for Farming experience (151.2 experience per fatigue point at level 99 Farming, with 25% bonus in random locations and a further 25% bonus after gaining 500 Farming progress)
- Corrupt growth of the big zombie sprout for Herblore experience (118.5 experience per fatigue point at level 99 Herblore, with 25% bonus in random locations and a further 25% bonus after gaining 500 Herblore progress)
- Cheer on sprouts to help the big sprout
- Cheer on zombie sprouts to help the big zombie sprout
Gaining experience with either of the options resulted in gaining fatigue points. A total of 200 fatigue points can be gained daily, at which point further experience gains in the event become impossible without magic plant spray until the fatigue was reset on midnight. One fatigue point was gained every 7.2 seconds of training.
The random locations where the sprouts could spawn were:
- Ardougne, south-east of the Combat Training Camp
- Edgeville, north-west of the lodestone
- Lumbridge Swamp, south of The Nexus
- Morytania, west of Port Phasmatys farming patch
- Poison Waste, on an island south of the Tirannwn lodestone
- Silvarea, north of Broken Home
Magic plant spray can be won from Treasure Hunter. It can be used to gain 20 times the experience and 5 times the reward progress compared to not using it regardless of the current fatigue state, without increasing the fatigue. It can also be used to teleport to the random sprout spawns.
Bonus experience does not work with the activities. This includes experience-boosting sets.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Helping the big sprout yields Farming progress and helping big zombie sprout yields Herblore progress. At 800 Farming progress Inflorescent Wings override was unlocked and at 800 Herblore progress Decaying Wings override was unlocked. Unlocking both the wings overrides unlocked Roooots companion pet.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Occasionally the entire event area disappeared and returned a moment later.
- It is possible to get inside the hedged area by switching to a non-members world, moving into the area, and then switching back to the members world.