|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by masters of Attack.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Attack cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Attack skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins (or 92,000 coins with a ring of charos (a) or its imbued version) with the Attack hood from Ajjat at the Warriors' Guild by players who have achieved level 99 in Attack. The Warriors' Guild is only accessible to players with 130 combined Attack and Strength, or, alternately, a level 99 in either of Attack or Strength. Attack capes are dark red in colour.
Being a cheap and easy skill to train, the Attack cape is currently the fifth most common level 99 cape. Attack is popular among pures, and can be trained collectively with skills such as Slayer and Constitution, adding to its popularity. At higher levels, Attack can also be profitable.
The cape has an emote, lasting 3.25 seconds, which features the player performing bare-handed explosive punches and kicks and finishing with a flaming uppercut when activated. The emote itself was updated and changed on 25 May 2010 to include particle effects. The cape must be worn to perform this emote.
Should a player achieve skill mastery in a second skill after Attack, the Attack cape will be trimmed to become an Attack cape (t). The hood can also be added to the Attack cape making a Hooded attack cape by using one item on the other. The same can be done with the trimmed cape making a hooded attack cape (t).
Talking to Ajjat gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Attack cape's perk gives a 2% chance for degradable items not to degrade (this does not apply to augmented items, except for those that degrade to dust).
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 284,948 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- The lowest possible combat level to get 99 Attack is 35, if all other combat stats were 1 (with the exception of Constitution at 10).
- This cape's emote is a reference to Ryu's "Shoryuken" attack from Capcom's Street Fighter series.
- After killing a level 92 Tortoise in the Gnome Stronghold, the Gnome driver appears to be doing part of the attack emote.
- Ajjat in the Warriors' Guild appears to be wearing an Attack cape with a black trim, but when players get 99 Attack with a trim, it turns gold.
- This cape's emote received an update on 25 May 2010.
- This cape is one of the capes that got an almost completely different emote. The others were the Defence cape, Summoning cape, Thieving cape, and Constitution cape.
- The old version of this cape, along with the Crafting cape, Magic cape, Summoning cape, and Fletching cape had a yellow circle around its skill icon.