Artisan monkey trinket is an item involved with the Zodiac Training Treasure Hunter promotion and later the Zodiac Festival promotion. It was originally gained from completing one of the columns on the zodiac card, and later from event mystery box (Zodiac Festival). It gives an Artisan XP lamp if a certain amount of experience from Artisan skills is gained within 30 minutes while wearing it. At maximum level of all artisan skills this experience is the same as the XP lamp reward: 25,806. After claiming the XP lamp there is a 15-minute cooldown shared with all monkey trinkets before it can be activated again. If the XP lamp can't be claimed when the challenge completes, it can be claimed through the option "claim lamp" on the trinket.
The trinket comes with five charges. More charges could be gained by completing more Zodiac Training tasks or converting red envelopes after completing all the tasks.
The following skills are considered to be artisan skills: Herblore, Crafting, Fletching, Smithing, Cooking, Firemaking, Runecrafting and Construction.
When activated, the trinket occasionally says one of the following lines:
- I'm so hungry. Feed me! Feed me more of your lovely experience.
- I can hear my tummy rumbling. Well, something is rumbling. More experience!
- I'm feeling weak from hunger. Please feed me.
- Such delicious experience. You have satisfied my hunger. I will furnish you with an Artisan XP Lamp. (This line only appears when the trinket is appeased and the XP lamp is rewarded into backpack.)
- I'm fit and ready to burst after all that experience, but you don't have room for me to reward you with an XP lamp. (This line only appears when the trinket is appeased with full backpack.)
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 18 October 2021 (Update):
- Monkey Trinkets now require the correct amount of XP to be earned before rewarding their respective Lamps.
- hotfix 13 February 2018:
- Ironmen can no longer receive Monkey trinkets and red envelopes.