Around the World in Eggty Days
|Around the World in Eggty Days|
|Release date||8 April 2009 (Update)|
|Requirements||Completion of an Easter event|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Around the World in Eggty Days is an emote released with the 2009 Easter event. It features the player running forward, leaving dust in the air, returning from the opposite direction with an Easter egg, and then eating the egg. He or she has apparently run all the way around the world.
Glitches[edit | edit source]
- The sound effect is slightly faster than the emote itself.
- If you select the whack option on a player while wielding the Easter carrot then do this emote, you will stand still and make a "flying egg". This will also happen if you use the turkey emote and immediately select this one after. Another way to do this is to do the emote and quickly light a fire or bury bones.
- If the player wields something immediately after activating this emote, the character will be wearing the item when he or she comes back with the Easter egg.
- If the player picks up an item while doing this emote and the egg comes, they will pick the item up using their hands, not just standing above it. This glitch has been fixed.
- With the 2009 Candy Cane item (from the 2009 Christmas Event) if you do the Around the World in Eggty Days emote, then quickly use the Candy Cane's "Spin" emote you will see a floating egg get thrown up and get smaller as if it is being eaten.
- If you log in at the Dungeoneering activity, and you completed the "Egg-streme Management" holiday event, it will appear that you do not have the emote. This bug has now been fixed.
- There was a glitch that when the player disappears in a cloud of dust, the player will come with nothing, throws the egg up out of nothing, and disappears. Then the players eats nothing in their hands.
- Sometimes when you have lag the cloud graphics will not appear while performing the emote
- If you continuously press the emote while doing it, you will do it again except you won't get a cloud of dust and the egg will float and get smaller as if eaten.
- If you do the emote, then eat a cabbage straight after you press it, you will stand, and the egg will come out of nowhere.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- Changed the Easter 2009 emote to look better while Prayer icons are active.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of this emote is a play on the name of the book Around the World in Eighty Days, by the French writer Jules Verne.
- On a French server, the name will not have 'Eggty' as its name, instead, it will have 'Quatrevingt-noeuf' days. This is a pun on the French number quatre vingt-neuf, translating into eighty nine. Nine in French, being neuf, and oeuf in French, meaning egg, pronounced the same way as the "euf" in neuf makes the pun.
- This emote can also be used to make an "Epic Logout" as players can do the emote, then quickly log off making it appear that the player performed the emote and vanished. This however takes expert timing.
- You can also unlock the emote during the 2010 Easter Event (Egg-Streme Management) if you did not unlock it previously (same for all the Easter Emotes).