Armour spikes (alloy)
|Armour spikes (alloy)|
|Release||10 June 2019 (Update)|
|When carried in the backpack or ammo slot and wearing melee equipment, these spikes deal damage to enemies who attack you from adjacent tiles or using a melee attack.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Armour spikes (alloy) are a consumable item that can inflict damage to enemies attacking from adjacent tiles. They are an upgraded version of regular armour spikes. 1000 alloy armour spikes can be smithed from 1000 regular armour spikes and one concentrated alloy bar, requiring level 99 Smithing (not assistable) and awarding 100 Smithing experience. They can be equipped in the ammunition slot, although this is not necessary for the activation of their effect. To upgrade the armour spikes, use a normal anvil under the masterwork section.
Though they are untradeable, based on the current Grand Exchange price of elder rune bars and concentrated alloy bars, one armour spike (alloy) would have a virtual value of 67.14.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Style||? (edit)||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Effect[edit | edit source]
Alloy armour spikes can be carried in the inventory or equipped in the ammo slot. They cannot be placed in a Tirannwn quiver.
One alloy armour spike is consumed per activation and inflicts typeless damage to the opponent equal to the player's current Smithing level, capping at 106 with the use of pulse cores. If the player has any shield equipped, the damage the spikes deal is doubled, and if a defender is equipped, the damage is increased by 50%, rounded down. Alloy armour spikes have a 10% chance to inflict ten times the normal amount of damage; thus, at level 99 Smithing, dealing 990, 1980 or 1485 damage. On average, this is 1.9 times the damage output of regular armour spikes.
For alloy armour spikes' effect to activate, all of the following conditions must be met:
- Armour spikes (alloy) are carried in the inventory or equipped in the ammo slot.
- Only melee weapons are equipped.
- Melee torso and leg armour are worn.
- The player is attacked by an enemy (both successful and blocked hits suffice).
- The enemy is directly adjacent to the player with no game squares in between, or the enemy is using melee at any range (e.g. Araxxor, Moss golems, Devil's snares, or Ripper dinosaurs).
If a monster dies to alloy armour spike damage without having taken damage from any other source, the player will receive credit for the kill and receive appropriate experience.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|100 XP||-||Varies [r 1]||-|
|You must use a normal Anvil or Forge|
|Concentrated alloy bar||1||53,752||53,752|
|Armour spikes||1,000||13.39||[r 2]13,390|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- Reflected damage from armour spikes and deathtouched bracelets is now applied at Nex: Angel of Death.
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Armour spikes will no longer damage targets that cannot be attacked by normal means.