Arhats are ascended spirit dragons that inhabit the Spirit Realm accessed through the Well of Spirits on Aminishi after the Spiritual Enlightenment miniquest, requiring level 96 Slayer to kill. A spirit dragon charm is consumed every minute spent inside the Well of Spirits.
Similar to Anagami, they do not use any abilities; however, they have an adrenaline bar which once filled will unleash a powerful lightning attack, dealing 25% of the player's maximum health as damage. This attack can be avoided by simply moving out of the way when it is performed.
While not a standard Slayer task, players may kill arhats if contracted by Ling or Sojobo to slay Acolytes of Seiryu, rewarding a set amount of Slayer experience and a quantity of chimes upon turning in the contract.
Arhats have a very rare chance to drop Seiryu's claw; combining it with Seiryu's fang assembles the Mizuyari, a tier 85 spear-type weapon.
Dragonbane ammunition does not have its passive effect against the arhats. Likewise, the Dragon Slayer perk will not affect arhats.
The average Arhat kill is worth 8,870.85 coins.
|Magic stock||2–8 (noted)||16/128||428-1,712||600-2,400|
|Sapphire amulet||2; 4–5; 7 (noted)||15/128||4,050-14,175||1,080-3,780|
|Sapphire bracelet||2–7 (noted)||16/128||3,376-11,816||1,380-4,830|
|Unpowered orb (m)||4–8 (noted)||14/128||3,028-6,056||240-480|
|Chimes (m)||50–100||1/128||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ring of recoil||2–8 (noted)||14/128||4,216-16,864||1,080-4,320|
|Water orb (m)||2–5 (noted)||7/128||11,660-29,150||360-900|
|Draconic visage||1||1/512[d 2]||1,182,795||450,000|
|Small plated adamant salvage||2 (noted)||7/128||6,190||8,000|
|Weapon poison+ (2) (m)||2 (noted)||7/128||1,378||230|
|Magic potion (2)||1–3 (noted)||7/128||1,064-3,192||252-756|
|Water talisman||1–3 (noted)||7/128||2,668-8,004||2-6|
|Tiny spiky adamant salvage||2 (noted)||6/128||2,608||4,000|
|Water battlestaff (m)||1–3 (noted)||7/128||8,151-24,453||9,300-27,900|
|Seiryu's claw (m)||1||1/1024[d 3]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
- An arhat is a enlightened Buddhist who has found insight into existence, also known as having achieved Nirvana. Various schools of Buddhism may have further paths of enlightenment beyond being an Arhat. In Buddhism, killing an Arhat is one of the few acts that lead to damnation to Avīci, the "unceasing hell" and the lowest, most torturous level of the Buddhist underworld.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 35,096 kills.
- This had increased to 56,547 by 6 May 2018.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 29 May 2018 (Update):
- Players can no longer kill Arhats without meeting the 96 Slayer requirement.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Slayer Creature. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. Reddit. 6 May 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"