Arcane spirit shield
|Arcane spirit shield|
|Release||15 September 2008 (Update)|
|High alch||1,200,000 coins|
|Low alch||800,000 coins|
|An ethereal shield with an arcane sigil attached to it.|
|Exchange||16,724,636 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The arcane spirit shield is a magic shield. It is made by attaching an arcane sigil, a very rare drop from the Corporeal Beast, to a blessed spirit shield. This process requires 90 Prayer and 85 Smithing, as well as completion of Summer's End. Players without the required skill levels to create the shield may ask Brother Bordiss in the Edgeville Monastery to combine the sigil and the blessed spirit shield, for a fee of 1,500,000 coins.
The arcane spirit shield requires 75 Defence and 75 Prayer to wield. Attempting to put the shield in a keepsake key without completion of the quest results in the message, "You need to complete the quest: Summer's End"; no keepsake keys are wasted in the attempt to put the shield in the keepsake key if one has not completed the quest Summer's End.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|75 , 75|
|Armour||338.8||PvM: 7.5%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive Effect[edit | edit source]
Like the Elysian and Divine spirit shields, the Arcane spirit shield reduces all incoming damage by 30%, and 50% of the blocked damage- after damage reductions provided by Defence level, armour, and Protect from / Deflect prayers and curses - is drained from prayer points. For example, a hit of 1,000 would be reduced to 700 and 150 prayer points would be drained. This effect only works if the player has adequate prayer points; without any prayer points the effect will not work. This effect does not reduce typeless damage, though it does work on Telos' "So much power!" attack.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|1,800 XP||0 XP||6 (3.6s)||16,724,636|
|Completed Summer's End|
|Blessed spirit shield||1||868,347||868,347|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Arcane spirit shield|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||4.2%|
|4 × Corporeal components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The arcane spirit shield now displays the correct sigil when equipped.
- patch 13 November 2013 (Update):
- The arcane and spectral spirit shield level requirements have been changed to match the other spirit shields.
- patch 13 May 2010 (Update):
- Arcane spirit shields should no longer render through players in Standard Detail.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the arcane spirit shield did not have any damage reduction ability. Instead, it was utilised for it's best in slot magic attack bonus.
- On 1 February 2010, the spirit shields' appearances were changed to match their inventory pictures, which were updated on 11 January. The arcane spirit shield's colour was changed into golden yellow from a pale yellow-green. Previously, the arcane spirit shield and divine spirit shield were close to the same shade of green.
- On 15 March 2011, along with the Ring of Wealth update, the spirit shield sigils became a near 100% drop from the Corporeal Beast. This glitch was patched within an hour of release.
- As of 4 June 2013, the arcane spirit shield's appearance was bugged: When unsheathed, the shield's sigil changes to that of the elysian spirit shield. This has been fixed as of 7 January 2014.