Application programming interface/Resources
Developer resources, libraries, and packages created by third party developers.
- The RuneScape Wiki is not affiliated with any of the following projects. This list is provided as a helper for developers and does not constitute endorsement. Review the code carefully and use at your own risk.
RuneScape Wiki API[edit | edit source]
The RuneScape Wiki runs with MediaWiki, which powers many wikis including Wikipedia. Thus, there are many ways to interact with the wiki through an additional API.
- When using automated tools to view or scrape the wiki, please ensure good practices and do not submit requests too fast (your IP may be blacklisted if abusive behaviour is detected).
- When using automated tools to edit, please review the bot policy and apply for a bot usergroup.
Programs[edit | edit source]
- AutoWikiBrowser is a Windows program to automatically load and edit the wiki. See RS:AWB for more information.
Python[edit | edit source]
- Pywikibot is a tool to perform automated edits that can be used with prewritten scripts or custom scripts.
- mwparserfromhell is a simple library to parse wiki pages and extract templates and similar easily.
RuneScape APIs[edit | edit source]
PHP[edit | edit source]
- https://github.com/dreadnip/rue Rue is a PHP library that attempts to be an easy-to-use wrapper for all of the possible Runescape web service endpoints. It aims to combine the older API, the new Runemetrics URLs and a few other endpoints that can be found on runescape.com.
- https://github.com/RuneStat/runescape-api RuneStat is an easy to use library which interacts with the Runescape and Runemetrics APIs
- https://github.com/Burthorpe/runescape-signatures Dynamically generated images for forum signatures
- https://github.com/runescape-tracker/runescape-player-api A basic library to handle the Runescape Player API
Ruby[edit | edit source]
- https://github.com/JeremyDwayne/runescape-api The runescape api is rather clunky to use on its own. As part of another project I'm working on, making this api wrapper saved a lot of headaches.
Go[edit | edit source]
- https://github.com/kingpulse/Go-Runescape Go-Runescape is a library for the Runescape API for Go. The library supports: Getting player Levels, Getting a players Rank, Getting item details from the grandexchange (RS3 Only), Getting items in categories from the grandexchange (RS3 Only)
- https://github.com/Joshua-F/runescape-api runescape-api is an open-source wrapper, written in Node.js, that allows interaction with the various APIs available for the popular MMORPG RuneScape
Java[edit | edit source]
- https://github.com/michaelbull/rs-api An open-source implementation of a web-service client, written in Java, that allows interaction with the various APIs available for the popular MMORPG; RuneScape.
Python[edit | edit source]
- https://gitlab.com/ballioli/runescape3-api Runescape3-api is an open-source wrapper, written in Python, that allows interaction with the various APIs available for the popular MMORPG Runescape3