Ape Atoll Agility Course
The Ape Atoll Agility course is located near Marim, Ape Atoll. It is a higher level Agility course, requiring level 48 Agility (cannot be boosted) to use. Around Level 65 Agility is recommended so that the player fails fewer obstacles; at level 70, failure no longer occurs.
A Ninja Greegree (other types of monkeys are not agile enough to use the course) and completion of Chapter 2 of Monkey Madness is also required to use the course. The first obstacle is located at the bottom of the waterfall, it is a rock. Players can use the Ape Atoll Teleport spell to reach a location close to the course; this requires completion of the Recipe for Disaster subquest, Freeing King Awowogei. Players who have completed A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift can use fairy ring code CLR to teleport directly to the course. The player must first clear the log (no items required to clear) and use a small ninja greegree to go through. This will take players to the middle of the course; using the rope swing to cross the river, then using the vine to climb down the hillside will take the player to the beginning of the course. Running around the hillside and using the stepping stone to cross back over the river will then start a new lap of the course. A perfect lap of the course provides 580 experience points.
The fastest possible lap of the Ape Atoll agility course is 65 game ticks, or 42 seconds. A maximum of 85.7 laps can be completed per hour, at 580 experience each, for a maximum of 49,706 experience. Anyone over level 70 Agility can potentially obtain the maximum experience rate, as failure becomes impossible at this level. Familiars and pets cannot be used on this course.
Changing to human[edit | edit source]
You may wish to change to human to talk to the Talent Scout or to use a teleport or other spell. Remember that poisonous scorpions are around, so either have some anti-poison on hand (or poison-purge), be ready to eat, pray vs melee or, where appropriate, use a safe spot such as the upstairs of the small building.
Obstacles[edit | edit source]
The final obstacle (climb-down) gives 100xp and 300 xp bonus if you've completed the whole course. This brings the total for the course to 580xp. It is possible to fail the last climb down, resulting in the loss of more than half of the total experience received from one lap, prior to level 70 Agility. Note that the only way to get only the base experience for the last obstacle, and not the bonus experience, is finish a lap, get off Ape Atoll, and go to a fairy ring, teleport to the fairy ring CLR, and go through the final part of the course again.
When the player has clicked on the last climb down, already right click the menu of the first jump, so the player can easily walk to it when the player is down the climb-down, this saves a few seconds every lap. The fastest lap times for this course are approximately 38–40 seconds, with most players averaging 45 seconds per lap. An alternative method is to note the position of the rock on the screen immediately after coming off of the vine. By positioning one of the boxes on the screen as a reference point, players may easily position the mouse for where the rock will be prior to the end of their climb down the vine. Then they may immediately click the rock to continue progress through the course. This method also avoids problems that come during the occasional glitch while climbing down the vine.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 December 2020 (Update):
- ninja 14 March 2016 (Update):
- Reduced the failure rates at the Ape Atoll Agility Course to make it a more viable course for lower levels.
- patch 30 March 2015 (Update):
- An issue on Ape Atoll agility course that was causing players to get stuck in the hollow log has been fixed.
- ninja 23 February 2015 (Update):
- The click area and model of the skull slope on the Ape Atoll agility course has been updated.
- patch 1 November 2014 (Update):
- Several small graphical fixes have been made at the waterfall base at the Ape Atoll agility course.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- Blocking has been added to the rocks around the waterfall in the Ape Atoll agility course.
- patch 2 April 2012 (Update):
- patch 31 January 2012 (Update):
- The Ape Atoll agility course now shows the correct amount of bonus XP gained on the final obstacle.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- Fixed the shadows for players when using various handholds in the Ape Atoll Agility course.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you attempt an obstacle and remove your greegree in a quick succession it will, if timed correctly, make a glitch happen where an archer monkey appears inside your character as he walks through the obstacle.
- Attempting to start this agility course while you are not a small or a medium ninja monkey, you will get a message saying, "Only the stealthy and agile monkey can use this!"
- If you attempt this agility course whilst in human form, you can get different messages according to which part of course you are trying to complete. All of them will cause the player to end up in the prison, with a message saying "You are knocked unconscious by a blow to the head!".
- If you are at the stepping stone, you will slip off the stepping stone and a message will appear in your chatbox that says "The rock is covered in slime and you slip into the water... ...you're not monkey enough to try this!"
- Swinging through the waterfall, both using monkey bar and swinging rope will cause the player to slip and fall into the waterfall and be swept down.
- Climbing up the stones up the slope will cause the player to slip down and faint.
- Climbing down the vine will cause the player to faint instead.
- Attempting to climb through hollow log in any form other than small ninja monkey will alert you with the message "Only a small ninja monkey could fit down this log". The log does not cause the player to be "caught by the monkeys", therefore a player without small ninja monkey greegree cannot use the log to quickly reach the prison from fairy ring.
- While climbing down the zipline, you cannot rightclick on the stepping stone in the beginning of the course, but you can rightclick on it right after clicking on the zipline but before you get on the zipline so you can avoid having to rotate the screen or walk over and click on the stone while moving.
- The waterfall graphics were updated on 22 July 2013 and became more misty.
- Even when you have the surefooted aura activated, you will fail the obstacles in human form.
- Attempting this course with boosts before Level 48 will result in the message "This is a seriously difficult course. Potions won't help you get around!"
Agility courses and activities