The antique duellist's cap is a hat obtained from Estocada in the north-east corner of Al Kharid that kept track of the amount of kills that the wearer had achieved in the Duel Arena, the duels were tracked in both F2P and P2P worlds. It has more detail for each milestone reached. As with the Wildstalker helmet, this cap will give the owner the ability to transmogrify into a statue, which shows various PvP statistics of the owner, such as kills, deaths, and current kills in a row. It will also give access to the emote by selecting Brag when the hat is worn.
After the removal of the Duel Arena, the antique duellist's cap can longer be obtained unless the player had previously fought in the Duel Arena.
The cap can (but doesn't have to) change look after a certain number of wins. Once you can, right click the cap and click "change-look".
Your Duellist's cap has been updated!
Antique duellist's cap concept art
A player transmogrifying into a statue
Transmogrified into a statue
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 4 January 2022 (Update):
- Caps pertaining to the Duel Arena were renamed from "Duellist's cap" to "Antique duellist's cap".
- patch 14 June 2011 (Update):
- The 3rd tier duelist hat no longer transforms into the 2nd tier hat when performing the emote.
- patch 7 June 2011 (Update):
- Teleporting whilst transforming into a statue using a death hat no longer leaves a blue statue behind.
- The duelist cap no longer gets removed whilst resting.
- If you try to transmogrify into a statue while under attack it will yield a message "It would be unwise to lower your defences." This is a reference to a Darth Vader quote from the Star Wars series.
- When transmogrified, the wearer does not truly turn into a statue; the statue is spawned and placed over the player, temporarily hiding them.
- If the hat is lost, when replacing it Estocada will say "I don't often replace hats, but when I do, I choose to replace duellists' caps." This is a reference to the Dos Equis beer commercials.
- The Duellist's cap records up to 250 kills in the kill streak. After this, it will not record further kills unless reset or the kill streak has ended.