|Release||23 September 2001 (Update)|
|Quest item||Dragon Slayer|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|This provides partial protection from dragonbreath attacks.|
|Exchange||1,521 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The anti-dragon shield is a special shield used in the Dragon Slayer quest. It is obtained from Duke Horacio in Lumbridge Castle. Obtaining the shield from Duke Horacio is required for the medium Lumbridge achievement Always Be Prepared.
The shield has identical stats to the bronze kiteshield, but also has the ability to reduce the damage taken from the magical fire-breath of dragons. When used alongside an antifire potion, the damage is nullified. This does not apply to the special attacks of the King Black Dragon and any dragonfire from the Queen Black Dragon.
The shield can by modified by attaching a clingy mole to turn it into an anti-dragon shield (mole). This requires level 45 Crafting to do so. Members can attach a draconic visage to the shield to turn it into a dragonfire shield, deflector or ward, a more powerful version of the shield. Doing so requires level 90 Smithing. Alternatively, Oziach can be paid 1,250,000 coins to attach the visage, for those without the necessary Smithing level.
|Armour||30.0||PvM: 2%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
| Anti-dragon shield (mounted)|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Dragon Slayer[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The anti-dragon shield appears on the friends chat tab in the game lobby.
- The anti-dragon shield was named the dragonfire shield or "df shield" among many long-time RuneScape players because it was formerly named the dragonfire shield until its name was changed in late 2005 or early 2006. The "df shield" nickname for the anti-dragon shield mostly died out soon after the release of the dragonfire shield, and the nickname was passed on to the newly released dragonfire shield. It also changed to a stained and clawed look with the armour update.