Louisiana 'Anna' Jones is a freelance archaeologist. She plays a relatively minor role in the What Lies Below quest and can be found north-east of Varrock, sitting on a bench in front of a statue of Saradomin.
Anna once worked for the Varrock Museum, but left to pursue an archaeological career independent from the auspices of the museum. She is vague about the purpose, or employer, of her current investigation and will instead attempt to discombobulate or beguile others when inquired.
During the events of What Lies Below, it is revealed that her employer is Surok Magis, whom she is assisting to excavate the Tunnel of Chaos. She provided the adventurer with a Bronze pickaxe if they choose to access the Chaos Altar through the tunnel.
When the adventurer later attempts to arrest Surok but instead falls victim to his distraction blast, Anna, having borne witness to the failed arrest attempt, obliviously blames them for antagonising him. Upon being informed he is a traitor, she dismisses that for the fact she hasn't been paid, and naively plans to lodge a formal complaint to the palace should Surok fail to show up and pay her.
Jones appears in the Varrock Census of Year 160, Fifth Age. Her occupation at that time was "Student".
After hearing about the Archaeology Guild and its funding from the Varrock Museum, Anna met with the adventurer, who had been appointed Guildmaster in Tony's stead. Anna requested to join their research team, as she saw it as a more stable source of income and that she could learn a lot from them. The adventurer accepted her request.
Anna Jones is a researcher in the Archaeology skill, who can be recruited once the player has the guildmaster qualification and has completed What Lies Below.
She has the following effects on the research expeditions:
||North-east of Varrock, sitting on a bench
She appears as a professor in the Team Management interface, and her description is "One-time freelancer now going legit with the Archaeology Guild."
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- Like Orlando Smith and Asgarnia Smith, Anna Jones is a reference to Indiana Jones, the titular character in the Indiana Jones series of films. This is reinforced by the fact that both "Indiana" and "Louisiana" are states in the U.S.A., and both end in "Ana" (Anna).
- When spoken to with the Guildmaster certification, Anna Jones lets the player know that she is an independent archaeologist, completing the Indy Anna Jones joke.
- If you ask about the statue behind her, and say "Yay Zamorak" she gets mad at you and you say that you have lost your anorak. This may be a reference to South Park.
- If you have started the quest Desert Treasure, there will be a third option stating, "I bet Zaros could take him," when you talk to her about the statue behind her. When using this option she would get mad at you, saying that you underestimate Saradomin's power, and that she doesn't have time to set your mind on the correct path.
- She has a gravestone in the New Varrock graveyard which reads "Louisiana Jones, a.k.a. Anna Jones. Avoiding traps in tombs is harder if you are a zombie."
- ^ Anna Jones, RuneScape. "That's alright. My name is Louisiana Jones, although most people call me Anna. I'm an archaeologist."
- ^ Anna Jones, RuneScape. "Hah! No, I used to, but now I prefer to work freelance for independent employers."
- ^ Anna Jones, RuneScape. "I can say that I can't say anything about what you want me to say!"
- ^ Anna Jones, RuneScape. "I'm investigating the relative co-existence of convergent entries from two para-dimensional spaces into a quantum metaphysical universe and exponential decay of said pathways in the event of fluctuations in the space-time cortex."
- ^ Anna Jones, RuneScape. "Oh heavens, no! Surok has a frightful temper at times - and you probably did something to deserve it anyway."
- ^ Anna Jones, RuneScape. "Well, I do not know any of that, but I do know I haven't been paid yet and until I get paid, I'm doing nothing further."
- ^ Anna Jones, RuneScape. "He'd better, or I'll be contacting the palace to make a formal complaint!"