Ancient summoning stone
|Ancient summoning stone|
|Release||3 July 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||If you destroy this, you can only get another by defeating Vorago[sic]|
|On death||Always lost|
|A stone with a spirit creature's name etched into it.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The ancient summoning stone is a very rare drop from Vorago that can be used to summon the Vitalis pet. Once it is used, it will be destroyed and unable to be received. Claiming the stone prompts the message, "As you read the tablet it magically transforms into a creature!"
The ancient summoning stone has a drop rate of 1/5,000 (1/2,500 in hard mode), with a threshold of 1,000. Due to Vorago's drop mechanics and dropping 5 sets of items upon defeat, the drop rate can vary greatly. Assuming the player acquires all five item sets with no thresholds unlocked, the effective drop rate is 1/1,000 in normal mode and 1/500 in hard mode. The ancient summoning stone drop is able to be rerolled from one player to another if the player that originally would have obtained the drop already has the Vitalis pet unlocked.
It is possible to obtain this drop via LootShare; however, it will follow the normal drop mechanics to determine who gets the drop; i.e. a player will need to "win" a phase to have a chance at rolling for the pet.
Reroll mechanic[edit | edit source]
Players that already have the Vitalis pet unlocked are able to reroll an ancient summoning stone drop to other players. However, this can only happen under certain criteria:
- The player that is to obtain the ancient summoning stone must obtain at least one of the five drops.
- For the drop to be rerolled, both players (the original player that receives the drop and the player that is to obtain it via reroll) have to be eligible to obtain it from a match in their respective thresholds.
Example[edit | edit source]
For simplicity, consider two players that are killing Vorago in a normal mode duo encounter:
- Player A has the Vitalis pet unlocked
- Player B does not have the Vitalis pet unlocked
The threshold for the ancient summoning stone drop is 1,000. Consider a number line from 1 to 5,000:
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 5,000
- With no thresholds, the chance to obtain the ancient summoning stone only occurs if the player rolls a 1.
- With one threshold, the chance to obtain the ancient summoning stone only occurs if the player rolls a 1 or a 2.
- With two thresholds, the chance to obtain the ancient summoning stone only occurs if the player rolls a 1, 2, or a 3.
Assume Player A has two thresholds and Player B has one threshold. Player A is able to roll an ancient summoning stone drop if either a 1, 2, or a 3 is rolled. However, because Player B only has one threshold, Player A can only reroll the ancient summoning stone to Player B if a 1 or a 2 is rolled (not a 3 as Player B does not have the killcount to match that threshold).
In general, to maximize one's chance of obtaining the ancient summoning stone drop, it is best for the player that wants the drop to be on a team of people (all of whom have Vitalis unlocked) that have at least as many thresholds as the player seeking the drop.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Vorago||10000||1||Very rare[dr 1]|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ancient summoning stone originally did not follow the drop threshold system. Following player complaints, the option to add a threshold was polled and passed with 68% of the votes. A threshold of 1,000 was added on 31 July 2017.
References[edit | edit source]