The ancient summoning stone is a very rare drop from Vorago that can be used to summon the Vitalis pet. Once it is used, it will be destroyed and unable to be received. Claiming the stone prompts the message, "As you read the tablet it magically transforms into a creature!"
The ancient summoning stone has a drop rate of 1/5,000 (1/2,500 in hard mode), with a threshold of 1,000. Due to Vorago's drop mechanics and dropping 5 sets of items upon defeat, the drop rate can vary greatly. Assuming the player acquires all five item sets with no thresholds unlocked, the effective drop rate is 1/1,000 in normal mode and 1/500 in hard mode.
If the drop would have included Vitalis, but the player who obtained that drop already owns it, it will reroll to another player who has the same threshold as the player who originally obtained that drop, as long as they obtain one of the five random drops. Otherwise, it will not reroll to anyone.
It is possible to obtain this drop via LootShare; however, it will follow the normal drop mechanics to determine who gets the drop; i.e. a player will need to "win" a phase to have a chance at rolling for the pet.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 31 July 2017 (Update):
- A threshold of 1,000 has been added to the Ancient Summoning Stone drop from Vorago.
- update 3 July 2013 (Update):
- The ancient summoning stone originally did not follow the drop threshold system. Following player complaints, the option to add a threshold was polled and passed with 68% of the votes. A threshold of 1,000 was added on 31 July 2017.