Ancient elven ritual shard
|Ancient elven ritual shard|
|Release||30 July 2018 (Update)|
|High alch||180,000 coins|
|Low alch||120,000 coins|
|A small shard of crystal, often used by the elves to attune darker magics and prayers.|
|Exchange||19,189,575 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The ancient elven ritual shard is a drop from Lost Grove creatures. It can be activated to restore 37.5% of the player's total Prayer points over 30 seconds with a 5-minute cooldown. Like the Enhanced Excalibur's effect, the shard's cooldown resets when players exit to the lobby or switch worlds; players may use the shard again approximately five seconds after logging back in.
At level 99 Prayer, it restores 75 Prayer points every 6 seconds for a total of 5 times, giving 375 prayer points per activation (or 4,500 Prayer points per hour with perfect activation timing); this is nearly as much as a dose of super prayer potion (which is 417 points per dose at 99). This is unaffected by the holy wrench or Reverence aura. By comparison, a 6-dose extreme prayer flask contains 3,390 Prayer points, and a 6-dose super prayer renewal potion contains 5,472 Prayer points over 36 minutes (9,120 per hour). Compared to the shard, the potion stacks with holy wrench and can be used with a potion reservoir.
The shard is commonly used in situations where prayer points are constantly, yet slowly drained. It can be useful during long Slayer tasks or boss encounters in order to save supplies such as super restore potions, in concert with the Imp Souled perk, and is especially useful in concert with the Seren prayers from the Ancient Curses and the Grace of the elves necklace. Superheat Form and Chronicle Absorption are entirely supported by the shard and grace of the elves; Light Form needs the additional support of a prayer restore potion, prayer renewal potion, or Reverence aura.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Bulbous crawler||140||1||1/5000[dr 1]|
|Moss golem||140||1||1/5000[dr 1]|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- The Elven Ritual Shard will now be dropped rather than destroyed if killed when skulled in the wilderness.
- patch 6 August 2018 (Update):
- Ancient elven ritual shard can now be traded and purchased on the grand exchange.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ancient elven ritual shard's prayer restoring effect was originally the effect of Erethdor's grimoire prior to the update of 30 July 2018. Due to player feedback on the underwhelming ability for a rare item from a difficult boss, the grimoire's effect was changed and the original effect was given to the shard.
- The shard was made tradeable on 6 August 2018, a week after its release.
- Previously, the shard's cooldown only decreased while logged in and paused while logged out.
References[edit | edit source]