Ancient elven ritual shard
|Ancient elven ritual shard|
|Release||30 July 2018 (Update)|
|Examine||A small shard of crystal, often used by the elves to attune darker magics and prayers.|
|High alch||180,000 coins|
|Low alch||120,000 coins|
|Exchange||14,992,302 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The ancient elven ritual shard is a prayer restoration item that when activated, will restore 37.5% of the player's total Prayer points over 30 seconds. It has a 5-minute cooldown and can be activated an infinite number of times. It is unaffected by the holy wrench or Reverence aura.
At level 99 Prayer, it restores 75 Prayer points every 6 seconds, 5 times, totaling 375 prayer points per activation (4,500 per hour with perfect activation timing). This works out to +1.25 prayer points per second. This is nearly as much as a dose of super prayer potion (which is 417 points per dose at 99). By comparison, a 6-dose extreme prayer flask contains 3,390 Prayer points, and a 6-dose super prayer renewal potion contains 5,472 Prayer points over 36 minutes (9,120 per hour). In comparison with the shard, the potion can benefit from the holy wrench and can be used with a potion reservoir.
Like the Enhanced Excalibur's effect, the shard's cooldown resets when players exit to the lobby or switches worlds (notably, players may use the shard approximately five seconds after logging back in).
Common use cases[edit | edit source]
The shard is commonly used in situations where prayer points are constantly, yet slowly drained like:
- Long Slayer tasks or boss encounters in order to save supplies such as super restore potions
- When skilling with tools with the Imp Souled perk.
- When using Seren prayers from Ancient Curses (typically used in conjunction with the Grace of the elves necklace).
- Superheat Form and Chronicle Attraction can be entirely supported by the shard and grace of the elves.
- Light Form needs the additional support of a prayer restore potion, prayer renewal potion, or Reverence aura. Ancient maul, blessed spirit shield, grasping rune pouch and other such prayer bonus items can be used in conjunction to lower prayer drain rate to a near sustainable level.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Bulbous crawler||140||1||1/5000[f 1]|
|Moss golem||140||1||1/5000[f 1]|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Ancient elven ritual shard|
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 April 2021 (Update):
- A 'high value item' disassembly warning has been added to the Ancient Elven Ritual Shard.
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- The Elven Ritual Shard will now be dropped rather than destroyed if killed when skulled in the wilderness.
- patch 6 August 2018 (Update):
- Ancient elven ritual shard can now be traded and purchased on the grand exchange.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ancient elven ritual shard's prayer restoring effect was originally the effect of Erethdor's grimoire prior to the update of 30 July 2018. Due to player feedback on the underwhelming ability for a rare item from a difficult boss, the grimoire's effect was changed and the ritual shard, a new item with the grimoire's original effect, was created.
- The shard was made tradeable on 6 August 2018, a week after its release.
- Previously, the shard's cooldown only decreased while logged in and paused while logged out.
References[edit | edit source]