An ancient armour gizmo is an ancient armour gizmo shell that has been filled with materials, making perks. It is an upgraded version of an armour gizmo that is discovered from Archaeology. It can be attached to any augmented shield or piece of body or leg armour to make it gain additional properties.
In comparison to regular gizmos, ancient gizmos:
- Have 9 material slots instead of 5
- Allow use of ancient materials
- Allow most 'positive' perks to reach a higher rank (that is not possible in normal gizmos), for example Absorbative 4 can only be obtained in an ancient armour gizmo
- Have a higher 'invent_budget'
- Reduce the values of the 'base' and 'roll' for all non-ancient materials by multiplying by 0.8
See Calculator:Perks#Perk generation for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!