|Release date||14 April 2003 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||The Tourist Trap|
|Location(s)||Desert Mining Camp|
|Examine||She looks like a tourist.|
|NPC ID||822, 823|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Ana is a girl from Varrock who likes exploring. Unfortunately, she likes it a little too much, and recently disappeared into the Kharidian Desert. The player meets her mother, Irena, at the beginning of the quest 'The Tourist Trap', in which they must rescue Ana. After searching the desert and finding her scarf, the player will discover that she has been captured by the slavers of the Desert Mining Camp. After a series of trials and tricks, the player is able to smuggle her out of the camp by hiding her in a barrel, and thus reuniting Ana with her mother.
At the end of the quest, Irena will do the wave emote and say "Hi Ana!". Then Ana will walk towards her and disappear. Though Ana disappears, Irena stays at the entrance of Shantay Pass, as though she is still waiting for her daughter.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- Ana's chathead is no longer stretching outside of the chathead window.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Corrected typos in the following: Hunt for Red Raktuber, Soul Wars Tutorial, the ex-ex-parrot, Mosol Rei's chat, Ana from the Tourist Trap quest, evil tree examines, Mourning's Ends 1 and 2 text, and a few Agility courses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ana weighs 22kg. This can be seen by checking your weight before and after putting her in the barrel. If considering the real world common weight per age for a human, she could be around 7 years old.
- After completing the quest Ana will still be in the same spot at the mining camp. If the player attempts to stuff her in a barrel after completing the quest she will comment that she thinks you've mistaken her for someone else.
- Ana has brown eyes in her NPC model, green eyes in her chathead, and blue eyes in the quest reward screen for The Tourist Trap.
- When looked closely, it could be seen that her pickaxe is floating, instead of being held by her. This has since been fixed.
|Related to the Desert quest series|