Amulet of yakspeak was an item released with the 2015 April Fools event. It was a common drop from yaks. It did not allow players to talk to pack yaks, despite the name. Instead, it would turn all conversations with non-voice-acted non-player characters into variations of "Baroo Barooo!". This was voice acted.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
Mah Nà Mah Nà reference
The reference to the Mah Nà Mah Nà song.
- The audio did not discriminate based on gender, thereby using female audio with male characters and vice versa.
- One audio clip from the amulet's dialogue was a reference to The Muppets' Mah Nà Mah Nà song, in which the audio still played the song, but the Mah Nà Mah Nà portion was replaced with "baroo baroo".
- One audio clip featured Mod Moltare reciting the poem, "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a pack yak, baroo baroo."
- Sometimes, after telling Juna a story to enter the Tears of Guthix cave, her response to the story was not affected. All following dialogue, as well as the story itself, was changed into some variation of "Baroo baroo".
- Advisor Ghrim's message of the player's items being delivered to their bank when collecting from Managing Miscellania was unaffected, as well as the message before he showed how the player's subjects were distributing their efforts.
- The amulet had an identical appearance to the Camulet.