All Fired Up
|All Fired Up (#143)|
|Release date||26 August 2008 (Update)|
|Main developer(s)||Ingrid J|
|Concept||Kavi M, Mark C, Daniel J|
|Core||Most of the QA Team|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Composition||Chris J, Grace D|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Official description[edit | edit source]
Over the years, the kingdoms of Asgarnia and Misthalin have become increasingly uncomfortable about the possibility of threats from the Wilderness and Morytania. King Roald has taken matters into his own hands and has commissioned a network of beacons to be built across the land, from the Temple of Paterdomus at the border of Morytania, along the northern borders of Misthalin and Asgarnia and up along the western border of the Wilderness. The communication network is already in place, but King Roald could use a little help making sure everything is ready to go, in the event of emergency....
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||King Roald in the Varrock Palace Throne room.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Short to Medium|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
The beacon network[edit | edit source]
After the Priest in Peril quest, King Roald is worried of a possible invasion from the Wilderness and Morytania, so he has had a beacon lighting system set up to warn Varrock of possible attacks. The player must go from beacon to beacon, testing them in case a real invasion occurs.
He tells the player to go see Blaze Sharpeye, who is located at the beacon near Paterdomus and the River Salve on Silvarea. If Priest in Peril is completed and the player has level 43 Firemaking but option to talk about the beacons with King Roald is not available, go straight on to speak with Blaze Sharpeye.
Speak to Blaze Sharpeye, who tells you about the beacon system, and he has you test the beacons. Players require 20 logs (of any type) and a tinderbox. (They agreed that if it were a real emergency, Gnomish firelighters would be used to colour the flames).
Let the fireworks begin![edit | edit source]
The player should use the logs on the beacon, and then light it on fire with a tinderbox. With the flames ablaze, Blaze tells the player to talk to Squire Fyre. She can be found near the limestone quarry, west of the Odd Old Man, the starting point of the Rag and Bone Man quest.
If you brought a hatchet for the second batch of logs, there are trees spread around the area, south of the Odd Old Man, which you can cut (there are two oak trees to the south-west for faster cutting). Alternatively, you can run or teleport to a bank and return using a Dig Site pendant or the invitation box if you have access to either of those items. Once you obtain 20 logs, go back to Fyre and load the beacon and light it.
After the beacon is lit, go back to Blaze Sharpeye. Blaze Sharpeye confirms that he sees the second beacon lit, and informs that the fire is dying in the first beacon.
Keeping hope alive[edit | edit source]
Use any kinds of five logs on the first beacon to rekindle the fire. Do not leave yet - talk to Blaze again. This satisfies Blaze, and he tells the player that the beacon network test is successful, and that you should inform King Roald about their victory.
Go back to Varrock Palace, and talk to King Roald for the reward.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 20,000 coins
- 5,500 experience
- Access to the All Fired Up minigame
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Additional rewards/activities
- After the quest, King Roald tells the player that if they manage to light 6, 10, and 14 beacons simultaneously, they receive additional rewards. King Roald offers a ring of fire for lighting 6 beacons, flame gloves for lighting 10, and an Inferno Adze for lighting all 14.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- All Fired Up ( 0) – Complete this Intermediate quest.
- Varrock Calls for Aid! ( 20) – Light all 14 beacons without using any of the log storage boxes.
- Varrock achievements
- Morytania achievements
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
All Fired Up is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Players who try to light the beacons during All Fired Up, having begun but not completed Defender of Varrock previously, will now receive a notification informing them that completion of Defender of Varrock is required in order to light the final beacon.
Cultural references[edit | edit source]
- Similar to the quest, beacons have historically been used to warn of invaders. The British have a history of using beacon towers along the coast and mountains to warn of impending threats. The most famous English example is the array of beacons all the way up the east coast of England intended to warn London of an attack by the Spanish Armada. The Welsh Brecon Beacons are named after another famous array. In ancient China, beacon towers were placed a few hundred feet away from each other along the length of the Great Wall of China.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the day of the release, the spoilers said: "Blaze got a bit carried away and incinerated the spoiler scroll in a frantic effort to set his shoes on fire, so you'll have to wait a day for Reldo to make us a new copy."
- During the quest, Defender of Varrock, while the zombies are invading Varrock Palace, all the beacons are lit for an emergency.