Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release date||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|Actions||Pay, Talk to, Trade, Examine|
|Examine||Perhaps this gardener might look after your crops for you.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Alain is a druid gardener in Taverley. He looks over the local tree patch, and accepts a payment to look after the planted tree. If players ask, he can chop down trees for those unwilling to chop down the trees themselves. To do this, he requests a payment of 200 coins.
In addition, Alain plays a role in the Garden of Tranquillity quest. As he is a member of Group of Advanced Gardeners, he can be one of the gardeners talked to in the quest A Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
18 July 2022 (
- The "Talk-to" option has been renamed to "Talk to".
- ninja 18 July 2022 (Update):
- Leprechauns and farmers now remain in place rather than wandering about.
- Farmers now offer items for sale in a shop, opened via a new "Trade" option, rather than through dialogue.
- Farmers now have "Pay" as their left-click option.
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Alain from looking after the tree patch in Taverley.
- ninja 7 March 2016 (Update):
- There is now a "yes and don't ask me again" option when paying farmers to remove and protect a tree patch.
- ninja 9 June 2014 (Update):
- Players can now pay farmers for farming plot protection while their Greenfingers aura is active.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If a player tries to charm Alain using the ring of charos (a), he will not succumb and will comment that if the player uses it too much it will lead to their downfall.
- There was a glitch where, if Alain was on the coast south of the tree patch, and a player tried to make a payment for a tree, he would say "I would but there aren't any Farming patches around here to look after."