The Al Kharid mine is located north of Al Kharid, north-west of the Fire Altar. It is also known as the Scorpion Mine, due to it containing scorpions (non-aggressive, rendering the mine safe for low level players as long as they don't accidentally attack them), and also as the Al Kharid Quarry, because it is an open pit mine. The mine is one of the six possible desert locations for Shooting Stars to land.
This location is fairly effective for mining gems, as well as gold and silver ore, which may be used to train Crafting. It is the only mine that has common gem rocks and uncommon gem rocks.
The nearest furnaces to this mine are located in Al Kharid and Lumbridge, with each also close to a bank.
It also contains the entrance to the Al Kharid resource dungeon, which requires level 75 Dungeoneering to enter.
Al Kharid mine is a fair distance from several banks. Here are a few options from fastest to slowest:
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Fixed force walk tile next to common gem rock in Al Kharid.
- patch 18 April 2016 (Update):
- Stopped the player's camera from jumping around when entering the Al Kharid mine via the agility shortcut.
- patch 28 January 2013 (Update):
- The click area on the shortcut in the Scorpion Mine near Al Kharid has been reduced to prevent players using the shortcut instead of mining ore.
- Three fire runes and one water rune spawn near the north end of the mine.
- Before an early update, the Al Kharid mining site was home to one of the few places in the game where 3 iron ore were available to a player without having to walk in between mining attempts. This was an especially popular place for power mining, and competition could be fierce.