|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|High alch||51,000 coins|
|Low alch||34,000 coins|
|Ahrim the Blighted's quarterstaff.|
|Exchange||5,309,896 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Ahrim's staff is part of Ahrim the Blighted's set of barrows equipment. Level 70 Defence and 70 Magic is required to wear Ahrim's staff.
If all pieces of Ahrim's barrows set are equipped, successful Magic attacks have a chance of temporarily lowering the opponent's Strength level.
Ahrim's staff can be combined with a corruption sigil to create a blighted rebounder.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|300000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- update 2 September 2009 (Update):
- As staves are no longer required for autocasting, we have granted some of the more special ones the ability to cause 10% more magic damage. Ahrim's staff is among the staves given this bonus.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to help you determine when your Barrows equipment gets broken.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- Ahrim's ghostly robes have been further tweaked to be ghostly!
- Ahrim's staff, along with the TokTz-Mej-Tal, are the only staves that were two-handed before the Evolution of Combat.
- After Invention Batch 2, players can now use a whetstone to repair any Barrows equipment.