|Release||14 November 2005 (Update)|
|A summoned demon.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|16 / 10 / 5|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Agrith Naar is a demon, formerly trapped into the human form of Denath, who is the final boss of the Shadow of the Storm quest. He is described as the most powerful and prominent of the demons that cause natural disasters on Gielinor, and indeed he is able to control the weather and create potent thunder storms or sand twisters.
Agrith Naar is fight-able as a class F boss monster in the Dominion Tower minigame after completing Shadow of the Storm. An alternate universe version of him also features as a boss in Dimension of Disaster: Demon Slayer, where he is stronger and possesses different mechanics.
Locations[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Agrith Naar likely came to Gielinor during the Second or Third Age, following Guthix's descent into slumber. According to Juna, Agrith Naar actively fought for Zamorak during the God Wars, ultimately forcing Guthix to banish him from Gielinor when the Fourth Age began. Still hoping to gain power in Gielinor, Agrith Naar found a loophole in his banishment, and managed to control natural disasters from within one of the Infernal Dimensions without being physically present in Gielinor.
According to Ellemar, Agrith Naar would not be able to wreak havoc on Gielinor if he was removed from his own dimension. A group of Saradominist priests then summoned him to Gielinor and ultimately capsuled him into a human body. Even this was not enough to completely limit his power; during the Demon Slayer quest, as Denath, Agrith Naar summons fellow demon Delrith outside of Varrock. 
Shadow of the Storm[edit | edit source]
In Shadow of the Storm, Agrith Naar is summoned by the player using the metaphysically weakened dimensional pocket beneath Uzer, where Thammaron entered the city during the Battle of Uzer between Years 3,000 and 4,000 of the Third Age. Agrith Naar is ultimately slain by the player, and his blood stains Silverlight, turning it into Darklight.
With level 50 or higher combat stats, it will be quite easy to defeat him, particularly if the player brings decent food such as lobsters or better. He has no weakness, but melee is recommended because the final blow must be dealt with Silverlight. Any rune or stronger weapon can be used, although Silverlight will suffice.
Agrith Naar attacks with melee or Magic. If the player uses Protect from Melee or Protect from Magic, he only uses the style the player is vulnerable to. If the player stands out of range and prays against his magic attacks, he doesn't advance to use melee and no melee damage will be taken. However, he will occasionally use a spell that looks like Telekinetic Grab which teleports the player right next to him. He can be killed only with the use of Silverlight, which then is stained with ichor, becoming Darklight. As with all demons, he is weakened by the effects of Silverlight, and whilst fighting him, the final blow must be dealt with Silverlight. If the final blow is delivered to Agrith-Naar with a weapon other than Silverlight, he will regain exactly 95 life points.
Dimension of Disaster[edit | edit source]
In this alternate realm, Agrith Naar and Delrith are not comrades, but enemies. Agrith Naar consistently picks on Delrith, which continually angers the latter as he does things such as "making it rain", which he hates. Delrith finds himself trapped on Gielinor, even though he wants to escape back to Infernus.
The player goes to Delrith, who presumes them as another cultist. After hitting him with Silverlight, Delrith sees a chance to leave, but Agrith Naar uses a bolt of lightning to deflect any attacks on Delrith. Delrith presumes that he doesn't want the adventurer to kill them as he enjoys picking on him. Delrith guides the player through a blood ritual, and upon completion of the ritual and being stabbed with Silverlight, returns to Infernus. He quickly banishes Agrith Naar from Infernus to New Varrock, which he mentions that he hates. Angry at the player, he attacks them but is ultimately slain. Just as after Shadow of the Storm, his blood then stains Silverlight and turns it into Darklight.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 1 September 2014 (Update):
- Some stretching issues have been fixed. These include Agrith Naar in the Shadow of the Storm quest, Nezikchened in Legends' Quest, the Jungle demon in Monkey Madness, and Kolodion in Mage Arena.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Agrith-Na-Na, one of the bosses in Recipe for Disaster, is based on Agrith Naar.
- Agrith Naar has his own symbol, which is attached to the demonic sigils used to summon him and is also on Denath's chest. It looks like two arrows pointing down, connected by a line at their tops.
- Although he is a demon, Agrith Naar is not weak to Holy water.
- In dialogue and text, this demon's name is consistently spelled "Agrith-Naar". However, the actual NPC and its chathead use the spelling "Agrith Naar", without the hyphen.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Demonic tome, written by Ellemar, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "There is also a more subtle demonic influence that pervades our world, with demons working behind the scenes to cause natural disasters and accidents. The chief among these demons is Agrith-Naar."
- ^ Juna, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "Agrith-Naar was one of the demons my master banished at the end of the great war. It seems he found a way to work around the ban on direct intervention."
- ^ Demonic tome, written by Ellemar, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "If Agrith-Naar were to be removed from his own dimension he would be unable to work his magic on the world, and so I came to believe that summoning him would not be an evil act."
- ^ Demonic tome, written by Ellemar, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "The ritual was a success, and the great demon Agrith-Naar appeared before us. We had prepared a magical cage, and with difficulty we imprisoned the demon."
- ^ Matthew, "Shadow of the Storm", RuneScape. "Ellemar's book said that Agrith-Naar can only use his powerful magics from the demon plane. Ellemar must have trapped him in human form to stop him using his magics."
- ^ Denath, "Demon Slayer", RuneScape. "Arise, O mighty Delrith. Bring destruction to this soft weak city!... The demon is unbound! I'd love to stay and witness your annihilation, but I'd best be far away when Delrith incinerates Varrock."
- ^ Delrith, "Dimension of Disaster: Demon Slayer", RuneScape. "Denath, the cultist, turned out to be a demon called Agrith Naar. We've been enemies for ages. He's gone back to the demon plane and has been making it rain. He knows that I HATE rain. I can hear him laughing."
- ^ Delrith, "Dimension of Disaster: Demon Slayer", RuneScape. "It's Agrith Naar's doing! He won't let you kill me. He's enjoying bullying me too much."
- ^ Agrith Naar, "Dimension of Disaster: Demon Slayer", RuneScape. "Agrith Naar: W-wait. What happened? Where am I? One minute I'm in Infernus, throwing lightning bolts at Delrith, and now I am in... New Varrock! This is New Varrock, isn't it? How am I back here? Urgh, I hate this place!
Player: Damn you Delrith! He must have banished you back here."
|Related to the Desert quest series|
|A subquest of Dimension of Disaster|