The Advisor system was a mini tutorial feature to help new players learn the basic controls of the RuneScape game. The advisor system could be activated by clicking on the "question mark" button next to the logout button.
The system worked dynamically depending on the current status of the player, where the player was, and what they were doing. Each advice could be in the form of a mini tutorial, or in the form of chat messages from Roddeck, a non-player character who resides in Lumbridge.
The advisor system was introduced on 17 September 2009. The system only covers basic activities, but Jagex had promised to cover more skills and activities. This however was left unfulfilled when the Advisor system was removed on 22 November 2011.
Advice[edit | edit source]
The following are some examples, based on a player standing at the Grand Exchange:
- Advice based on the current status
- Plot arrow to nearby store with free stuff
- Advice based on nearby locations
- What is this nearby fire useful for?
- What is this nearby bank useful for?
- What is this nearby tree useful for?
- Advice based on recent activities
- What do the different combat styles do?
- What are the most expensive weapons useful for?
- How do I cast better spells?
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 22 November 2011 (Update):
- The Advisor System and related micro-tutorials have been removed from the game.
- patch 5 July 2011 (Update):
- Spam-clicking the advisor button no longer causes players to disconnect.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- Added a bit more information to the Advisor system about making money.
- patch 3 December 2009 (Update):
- Corrected the reward listed by the Advisor system for Horror from the Deep.
- patch 20 October 2009 (Update):
- The advisor system won't tell you where to start quests that you'd already completed.