Advanced pulse core
|Advanced pulse core|
|Release||18 June 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A powerful item that grants 150% bonus XP while active. Once consumed it will explode granting an XP bonus (up to 10%) to everyone around you, including yourself.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Advanced pulse cores give +50% extra experience that stacks with bonus experience already owned. It will explode after enough experience has been accumulated. Players can choose to lock any skill by choosing the "Toggle skills" option. The total experience given via the advanced pulse core is equivalent to a medium prismatic lamp.
When the advanced pulse core explodes, an effect is given to the player wearing the core and the players around them, giving them a 2% bonus experience buff. Every time another pulse core explodes, another 2% bonus is added to the buff to a maximum of 10% bonus experience. The effect lasts 10 minutes, with the timer being reset every time another pulse core explodes.
The pulse core is worn in the pocket slot and is stackable, meaning players can wear multiple pulse cores at once. This allows them to receive all the bonus experience without having to check and re-equip pulse cores.
Both experience boosts from pulse cores will stack additively with normal bonus experience (but not Enlightenment aura). At maximum, when all three are active, players can gain up to 2.6x the normal experience. The pulse core buff also stacks with the Clan avatar's skilling buff, as well as Double XP Weekends.
The 50% bonus does not work when disassembling augmented items.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Advanced pulse cores can be obtained through the following ways:
- Purchased for 35 credits from Vic's Store: 1 core
- Purchased for 800,000 coins from the Travelling Merchant's Shop: 1-3 cores
- Purchased for 250 oddments from the Oddments Store: 2 cores
It could formerly be obtained during:
- 18 June 2015 when all previously existing pulse cores were upgraded to advanced pulse cores
- Treasure Hunter from 18 June 2015 0:00 UTC to 21 June 2015 23:59 UTC
- Christmas Advent Calendar on 3 December 2015, 13 December 2016, 19 December 2017
- Zodiac Festival mid February 2018
- Various other Treasure Hunter promotions
Temporary skill boosts[edit | edit source]
The pulse core can boost skills in 4 categories: Gatherer, Artisan, Support and Combat. When a pulse boosts skills, it affects all skills in the set. The boost doesn't always occur after you finish a core, and thus, you may need to use multiple cores to get the desired boost.
Alternatively, it is possible for it to restore life points or prayer points instead. The amount of life points restored is equivalent to that of a Shark. For prayer points the value is equivalent to a Prayer potion.
Advanced pulse cores offer temporary boosts in skills aligned to an Expert cape of Accomplishment.
|Category of boost||Skills boosted|
|Artisan||Cooking, Construction, Crafting, Firemaking, Fletching, Herblore, Runecrafting and Smithing.|
|Combatant||Attack, Constitution, Defence, Magic, Prayer, Ranged, Strength and Summoning.|
|Gatherer||Divination, Farming, Fishing, Hunter, Mining and Woodcutting.|
|Support||Agility, Dungeoneering, Slayer and Thieving.|
The Gatherer skills are boosted by 11 levels, except Farming and Hunter. All the skills in the other categories are boosted by 7 levels.
Ironmen will not receive the skill boost nor experience boost from using a pulse core.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Travelling Merchant's Shop[edit | edit source]
|Date||Slot A||Slot B||Slot C|
|5 January 2020||Small goebie burial charm||Advanced pulse core||Starved ancient effigy|
|17 January 2020||Barrel of bait||Advanced pulse core||Taijitu|
|12 February 2020||Advanced pulse core||Tangled fishbowl||Dungeoneering Wildcard|
|15 February 2020||Advanced pulse core||Small goebie burial charm||Dungeoneering Wildcard|
|27 February 2020||Advanced pulse core||Menaphite gift offering (medium)||Dungeoneering Wildcard|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Players who have toggled beneficial boosts off will no longer receive pulse core buffs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pitch of the noise that an (advanced) pulse core makes increases every 1,000 experience that is used.
- Orbs of blue light orbit the player using an advanced pulse core, increasing in number and complexity as the bonus experience is spent. At later stages, the orbs also turn between blue and red and the frequency increases as the pulse core nears explosion.