Advanced pulse core
|Advanced pulse core|
|Release||18 June 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it.|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges, Toggle skills, Destroy|
|Equipped||Check charges, Toggle skills|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A powerful item that grants 150% bonus XP while active. Once consumed it will explode granting an XP bonus (up to 10%) to everyone around you, including yourself.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Advanced pulse cores give +50% extra experience that stacks with bonus experience already owned. It will explode after enough experience has been accumulated. Players can choose to lock any skill by choosing the "Toggle skills" option. The total experience given via the advanced pulse core is equivalent to a medium prismatic lamp, scaling with your total level.
When the advanced pulse core explodes, an effect is given to the player wearing the core and the players around them, giving them a 2% bonus experience buff. Every time another pulse core explodes, another 2% bonus is added to the buff to a maximum of 10% bonus experience. The effect lasts 10 minutes, with the timer being reset every time another pulse core explodes.
The pulse core is worn in the pocket slot and is stackable, meaning players can wear multiple pulse cores at once. This allows them to receive all the bonus experience without having to check and re-equip pulse cores.
Both experience boosts from pulse cores will stack additively with normal bonus experience (but not Enlightenment aura). At maximum, when all three are active, players can gain up to 2.6x the normal experience. The pulse core buff also stacks with the Clan avatar's skilling buff, as well as Double XP Weekends.
The 50% bonus does not work when disassembling augmented items.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Advanced pulse cores can be obtained through the following ways:
- Purchased for 35 credits from Vic's Store: 1 core
- Purchased for 800,000 coins from the Travelling Merchant's Shop: 1-3 cores
- Purchased for 250 oddments from the Oddments Store: 2 cores
It could formerly be obtained during:
- 18 June 2015 when all previously existing pulse cores were upgraded to advanced pulse cores
- Treasure Hunter from 18 June 2015 0:00 UTC to 21 June 2015 23:59 UTC
- Christmas Advent Calendar on 3 December 2015, 13 December 2016, 19 December 2017
- Zodiac Festival mid February 2018
- Various other Treasure Hunter promotions
Temporary skill boosts[edit | edit source]
The pulse core can boost skills in four categories: Gatherer, Artisan, Support and Combat. When a pulse boosts skills, it affects all skills in the set. This does not apply to free-to-play, only members. The boost doesn't always occur after you finish a core, and thus, you may need to use multiple cores to get the desired boost.
Alternatively, it is possible for it to restore life points or prayer points instead. The amount of life points restored is equivalent to that of a Shark. For prayer points the value is equivalent to a Prayer potion.
Advanced pulse cores offer temporary boosts in skills aligned to an Expert cape of Accomplishment.
|Category of boost||Max. boost||Skills boosted|
|Artisan||7|| Cooking, Construction, Crafting, Firemaking,|
Fletching, Herblore, Runecrafting, Smithing
|Combatant||7|| Attack, Constitution, Defence, Magic,|
Prayer, Ranged, Strength, Summoning
|11||Divination, Fishing, Mining, Woodcutting|
|Support||7||Agility, Dungeoneering, Slayer, Thieving|
The amount of boost received scales with the individual levels of the skills being boosted. Ironmen will not receive the skill boost from using a pulse core.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Big event mystery box (Birth by Fire)||N/A||2||Uncommon||N/A|
|Big event mystery box (Deathbeard's Demise)||N/A||2||Rare||N/A|
|Big event mystery box (Going Like Clockwork)||N/A||2||Common||N/A|
|Big event mystery box (Travelling Artisan)||N/A||2||Uncommon||N/A|
|Event mystery box (Winter Chill Off)||N/A||2||Common||N/A|
|Twitch loot crate||N/A||2||Uncommon||N/A|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Travelling Merchant's Shop[edit | edit source]
|Date||Slot A||Slot B||Slot C|
|20 May 2021||Slayer VIP Coupon||Advanced pulse core||D&D token (weekly)|
|6 June 2021||Advanced pulse core||Tangled fishbowl||Unfocused reward enhancer|
|9 June 2021||Advanced pulse core||Small goebie burial charm||Unfocused reward enhancer|
|21 June 2021||Advanced pulse core||Menaphite gift offering (medium)||Unfocused reward enhancer|
|6 July 2021||Advanced pulse core||Unfocused damage enhancer||Dragonkin lamp|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 January 2021 (Update):
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Players who have toggled beneficial boosts off will no longer receive pulse core buffs.
- patch 29 June 2015 (Update):
- The advanced pulse core buff icon has been updated to display the new model.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pitch of the noise that an (advanced) pulse core makes increases every 1,000 experience that is used.
- Orbs of blue light orbit the player using an advanced pulse core, increasing in number and complexity as the bonus experience is spent. At later stages, the orbs also turn between blue and red and the frequency increases as the pulse core nears explosion.