Barbarian Outpost Agility Course
The Barbarian Outpost Agility Course was released along with the Agility skill on 12 December 2002. It is located within the Barbarian Outpost, in northern Kandarin, and is supervised by Gunnjorn. Access to the course requires the completion of the Bar Crawl miniquest and 35 Agility (boostable). On 21 June 2009, an advanced route was added to the course for players with high Agility levels. The basic route gives 174 Agility experience per lap and requires 35 Agility to use, giving roughly 5.8 exp per second. The advanced route gives 753.7 Agility experience per lap and requires 90 Agility to use.
Location[edit | edit source]
The Barbarian Outpost Agility Course is located within the Barbarian Outpost, north-east of Baxtorian Falls, north of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, and south of the Lighthouse. There are four main methods of getting to the Outpost:
- Teleport using a games necklace
- Walk from Seers' Village
- Use the shortcut to the north-east of the Grand Tree in the Gnome Stronghold (level 37 Agility)
- Teleport using Barbarian Teleport spell (requires level 75 Magic and the Lunar spellbook)
Once at the Barbarian Outpost, the player must pass by the barbarian guards (Bar Crawl requirement) and then crawl through a pipe (35 Agility requirement, boostable) to reach the actual Agility course.
Basic course[edit | edit source]
On the basic course, all obstacles except for the obstacle net and crumbling walls are failable, and deal damage on a failed attempt. Additionally, failure on the Ropeswing or Balancing ledge require the player to climb back up to the obstacle's starting point to regain their position in the course. Completion of a lap without failing a single obstacle cannot be guaranteed until reaching 93 Agility (this can be by a boost such as that given by summer pies).
|Lap bonus||56.7||Total experience||174|
Each lap gives 174 Agility experience, including the bonus of 56.7 experience on the last obstacle, and may be completed in 30–45 seconds.
Advanced course[edit | edit source]
The Advanced Barbarian Agility Course, or Extended Barbarian Agility Course, was released on 22 June 2009. It uses some obstacles from the basic course as well as some new obstacles. It requires much higher Agility and gives much faster experience than the basic course. With a requirement of 90 Agility, the Advanced Barbarian Agility Course is the highest level Agility course in the game.
|Lap bonus||615||Total experience||753.7|
Several obstacles on the advanced course may be failed; however, at 93+ Agility, all obstacles on the advanced course have a 100% success rate (At 92 Agility, falling off the log balance is a rare event, but still possible).
After the player has successfully completed 250 laps without failing any obstacles, he or she may talk to Gunnjorn to get the Agile top. The successful laps do not have to be consecutive and the counter is not reset if an obstacle is failed in a lap. The Agile top may be re-obtained from Gunnjorn if lost without completing an additional 250 laps.
The fastest possible time that a full lap can be completed in is about 37.2 seconds. It is possible to gain over 70,000 Agility experience per hour at maximum.
Click on the next obstacle while you are still completing the current one.
If you click on the wall jump at exactly the right time, you will run directly from the log to the wall without stopping. This is probably the most difficult time saver.
Once you are up to the next level, walk to the space just in front of the obstacle. This will allow you to move diagonally, instead of taking an L-shaped route.
Only click the obstacle itself when you are already moving, otherwise, your second command may supersede the first and you end up taking an L-shaped route anyway.
Run in front of the spring mechanism before you fire it, again waiting until you are already running to click on it, thus allowing you to run instead of walk.
Finally, click on the Balance Beam right before you land from the Spring Device to make a quick transition. An easy way to do this is to right click the balance beam before you take off from the Spring Device.
Right before the roof slide, move to the northmost side, then on the slide itself spam click Surge and you'll immediately move 10 squares forward as soon as you reach the floor. This saves a tiny bit of time, but it adds up.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Agile from Head to Toe ( 20) – Unlock the agile top and leg rewards from advanced Agility courses.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 January 2017 (Update):
- Players can now pick up manifested knowledge that spawns during agility training at the Advanced barbarian outpost course. If it spawns while using the balance beam, then it will appear on the platform below you.
- ninja 14 March 2016 (Update):
- Increased each obstacle's XP on the Barbarian Outpost Agility Course to better represent the level requirements.
- patch 15 December 2014 (Update):
- Resolved an issue where chat focus was lost at the advanced Barbarian Agility course.
- patch 31 March 2014 (Update):
- A flickering animation on the advanced Barbarian Agility Course's balance beam has been fixed.
- patch 19 June 2012 (Update):
- Player shadows are now hidden when traversing an obstacle on the higher levels of the Barbarian Outpost Agility course.
- patch 28 February 2012 (Update):
- Players now face forward at the end of the balance beam on the Advanced Barbarian Outpost Agility course.
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- The spike pit on the Barbarian Outpost Agility course is no longer partially occluded.
- patch 31 January 2012 (Update):
- The Barbarian Outpost agility course has had the Agility requirement corrected on the skill advance guide.
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to the catapult on the Barbarian Agility Course.
- Fixed a few problems with the Barbarian Agility Course and slightly streamlined the high-level part of it.
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- Beasts of burden were able to despawn in inconvenient places around the new Barbarian Agility slide, so you couldn't always retrieve your items.
- Improved route-finding around the low wall in the Barbarian Agility course.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Only one player may use a rope swing at any one time. The course used to only have one rope swing, but a second rope swing was added, presumably to deal with crowding at the course.
Agility courses and activities