The adrenaline renewal potion (formerly the powerburst of overkill) is a potion that increases adrenaline by 4% per tick for ten ticks (six seconds), granting a total of 40% adrenaline. It is made at level 115 Herblore with primal extract, a super adrenaline potion, bottled dinosaur roars, and a clean arbuck. Drinking this triggers the adrenaline potion cooldown, which prevents drinking another adrenaline potion for two minutes.
At level 117 Herblore, the recipe is improved, which reduces the time taken to make the potion. At level 119, it is further improved, reducing the number of dinosaur roars required from two to one and reducing the dosage of the super adrenaline potion required from four to three. The level 119 Improved + 2 variant cannot be boosted for.
Unlike typical adrenaline potions, the player is not prevented from drinking a dose of this potion if they are at full adrenaline, so they should use caution to not accidentally drink it when unnecessary.
Adrenaline renewal potions can be made into 6-dose flasks by using them on a potion flask.
Adrenaline potion comparison[edit | edit source]
Adrenaline potions and powerbursts
||Cost per point
|Adrenaline potion (4)
|Super adrenaline potion (4)
|Adrenaline flask (6)
|Super adrenaline flask (6)
|Replenishment potion (6)
|Enhanced replenishment potion (6)
|Super Guthix rest (4)
|Super Guthix brew flask (6)
|Adrenaline renewal potion (4)
|Adrenaline renewal flask (6)
- ^ a b 40% gained over 6 seconds, 4% per tick.
- Improved + 1 (at 117 and 118 Herblore)
- Improved + 2 (at 119 and 120 Herblore)
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 20 July 2020 (Update):
- Players can no longer drink Adrenaline Renewal potions when already at 100% Adrenaline.
- update 13 July 2020 (Update):
- The Powerburst of Overkill is no longer a powerburst, but an ‘Adrenaline Renewal’ potion.
- A powerburst vial is no longer required to create this potion, but all other ingredients and recipe improvements remain.
- The Adrenaline Renewal potion can also be turned into six-dose flasks.
- From now on, drinking an Adrenaline potion will only trigger the Adrenaline cooldown, not the Powerburst cooldown.
- patch 16 December 2019 (Update):
- Prevented two doses adrenaline restoration-type potions from being used between the cooldown ending and the new one activating.