Acting Guildmaster Lottie Reiniger is an NPC at the Archaeology Campus where players can start the tutorial for the Archaeology skill. Following Guildmaster Tony's disappearance to the mysterious monolith, she has temporarily taken over of his duties until he returns. Like most of her fellow guild members, she is optimistic he will return to them.
Players can start the graduation ceremony to the next rank when they have obtained all the requirements necessary for it. After each rank up ceremony, players may speak to Reiniger to obtain some material manuals, hi-spec monocles, tarpaulin sheets and archaeologist's tea. 1 of each boost is given free for Intern, 2 each free for Assistant, 3 Associate, 4 Professor, and 5 of each boost for free with Guildmaster rank. If players do not claim anything until Guildmaster rank, they will get 15 material manuals, 15 monocles, 15 sheets, and 15 archaeologist's tea all at once in noted form.
Before the release of the Archaeology skill, Reiniger could be found at the Varrock Dig Site as 'Associate Reiniger', first appearing on 20 May 2019. She could be seen arguing with Guildmaster Tony (then known as 'Professor Tony') and Seth Minas over the best method of transport for getting to Fossil Island. Prior to the opening of the Archaeology Guild, a mysterious stranger, named Xephos, gave a black stone to Tony and instructed him to use it upon the mysterious monolith. This black stone was previously owned by Zemouregal and he believed it to be made of obsidian. However, Azzanadra revealed that it is not made of obsidian and is used for necromancy. It also has the same resonance as the corruption used to malform Mah. Due to its link to necromancy and corruption, it is likely the same black stone as that associated with Xau-Tak. When Tony used the stone upon the monolith, now known to be the Elder Codex, one of the Elder Artefacts, he was pulled inside in a similar manner to Raksha, the Shadow Colossus. As Tony was now removed from the picture, Reiniger became acting Guildmaster of the Archaeology Guild.
Reiniger's tattoo is the same symbol as that which can be found at each Dig Site in the Writings on the Walls mystery, which warns of the nefarious inquisitors.
Acting Guildmaster Reiniger sent some adventurers to Orthen to recover a shadow anima container for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, they were unsuccessful and defeated by Raksha, the Shadow Colossus. Their skeletons can be seen today in the Orthen Oubliette.  This is the same objective as Zaros had, which may mean Reiniger is working for him or is one of his inquisitors. However, Zaros was successful in acquiring in a shadow anima container after Reiniger's attempt.
|| Sell price
|| Buy price
|| GE price
|| Resale value
|Archaeology cape||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (-39,600)|
|Archaeology hood||∞||99,000||Not bought||3,000||∞ (-96,000)|
|Archaeology cape (t)||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (-39,600)|
|Archaeology master cape||∞||120,000||Not bought||72,000||∞ (-48,000)|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- One of the alternate names she suggests for Fossil Island is The Island Formerly Known As Fossil Island, or TIFKAFI for short. This is a reference to Prince, who changed his name to The Artist Formerly Known as Prince, or TAFKAP for short, following a contract dispute with Warner Bros.
- 'Reiniger' is a Dutch word for 'cleaner'.
- ^ Xephos, "Archaeology/Pre-release", RuneScape. "In our own studies we came across this ancient relic. It's a black stone that was once possessed by the mahjarrat Zemouregal. It's inert but our mages are convinced there is potential there. Perhaps this is the right place for it to be used?"
- ^ Azzanadra, "Azzanadra's Quest", RuneScape. "Mahjarrat are beings of magic. We are attuned to it, just as you can smell meat. There is another resonance on this egg, but it is not Wen's. In fact, it reminds me of- remember Zemouregal? He had a black stone he used for necromancy. He said he found it in Karamja and the fool thought it was obsidian. It was cold to the touch. Freezing, in fact, and it shared the same resonance as this corruption... But Mah is dead now, and poses no threat to Gielinor. This is a mystery for another time."
- ^ Mod Jack. Reiniger sent adventurers to recover a Shadow Anima container from Raksha. Discord. 22 February 2021. "although the full detail of the D&D adventure isn't canon, I would consider "reiniger sent adventurers to recover a canister from raksha" to be a thing that happened. And they failed and died."*
- ^ Mod Jack. Canon to the Elder Series. Discord. 22 February 2021. ""the full detail of the D&D adventure isn't canon..."; "...you were wondering about which events were on the timeline..."; "that's one of those awkward out of game ones, I should probably add an explicit reference to it""*
- ^ Mod Jack. Raksha skeletons are adventurers sent by Reiniger. 23 February 2021. "Player: Are these the skeletons of the adventurers Reiniger sent to retrieve a shadow cannister? Mod Jack: yes"*