|Release||17 July 2012 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Dropping this banner will destroy it, but you can speak to Diango in Draynor Village for a replacement.|
|Backpack||Plant/Recall, Recolour, Select-motto, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|My personal banner.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The achievement banner is an item that can be reclaimed for free from Diango. It can be planted on the ground, similar to a Dominion marker, after which it can be read to display the player's statistics. It also periodically announces messages related to the player who placed it. The banner will stay in place for five minutes before disappearing. It remains in the backpack after placing it, similar to a clan vexillum. The banner remains placed down even if it is destroyed, moved very far away or if the player logs out or hops to a different world.
The messages that the banner speaks are in this order: the player's name, motto, total quest points, combat level, and total experience. The player can customise the banner's colour and motto. Changing the motto only takes effect once the banner is replaced.
Currently the only way of "muting" someone's banner is to add that person to your ignore list.
List of mottos[edit | edit source]
- Working towards a party hat.
- If you're feeling down, level up!
- Zamorak till I die.
- Guthix till I die.
- Saradomin till I die.
- Born to PK.
- Will dance for cash.
- RuneScape Classic veteran.
- Happy holidays!
- I challenge you to a duel!
- Secret penguin.
- Ask me anything.
- Aiming for a comp cape.
- I'd do anything for XP, but I won't do that.
- I am victorious!
- Offering items for sale.
- Seeking a Dungeoneering party.
- Desperately seeking clanmates.
- Best update ever!
Limitations[edit | edit source]
The achievement banner cannot be placed in the following areas:
- Any space already occupied by another achievement banner, a clan vexillum, a Dominion marker, or a marker plant.
- Bank areas, not including the Grand Exchange
- On the Pest Control docks and landers
- By the Shantay Pass
- PvP areas, including the Wilderness, the Duel Arena, and Clan Wars.
- Anywhere inside the Lumbridge crater during the Summer Beach Party event.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 July 2021 (Update):
- patch 26 April 2021 (Update):
- The achievement banner is now available for free to all players from Diango's Item Storage.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Free players will no longer be given an achievement banner on login if they have destroyed it.
- patch 17 November 2014 (Update):
- The achievement banner can now be read via right-clicking rather than left-clicking by default.
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use sq'irk juice or achievement banners to stall damage.
- patch 26 November 2013 (Update):
- The Achievement banner now correctly displays the XP total after reaching a billion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The achievement banner was the first physical item available from Solomon's General Store.
- There used to be no way for players to ignore the banner's messages, a feature commonly criticised in-game by players. In response to player complaints, Jagex lowered the rate at which the messages appeared, and it was also later forbidden from bank areas and Pest Control. Now, adding a player to your ignore list also ignores the banner's messages.
- A player may have their phrase set to "Runescape Classic veteran" even if they are not a veteran of RuneScape Classic.
- The phrase "I'd do anything for XP, but I won't do that" is a reference to the song I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf.