An Abyssal guardian is a monster that dwells in the Abyss, and also in the Abyssal Area (fairy ring code ALR). Abyssal guardians can hit fairly high for their level, though they have low defence and are fairly inaccurate. Abyssal guardians attack with magic and are weak to arrows.
If hunting Abyssal monsters for their rune pouch drops, it is recommended to kill Abyssal walkers instead, which are slightly lower-levelled.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 42,299 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
- ^ Estimated based on 652,171 kills from the RuneMetrics drop logging project.
- ^ a b c d You will only get a pouch if you have all the smaller pouches, i.e. a medium pouch will drop if you own a small pouch, and if you have them all, you will no longer get them as a drop, unless you lose one.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 October 2015 (Update):
- Now has a maximum hit greater than 1 and a reduced attack range
- Abyssal guardians' heads have different sides, each representing a happy, angry, sad, and dead face. When it is idling, its happy face is at the front; when it is attacking, it will turn its angry face to the front; when it is being attacked, it will turn its sad face to the front; and when its health is reduced to zero, it will turn its dead face to the front before it dies.
- Its head may be a reference to Pyramid Head from the game and movie Silent Hill.