Absorbative is an Invention perk that gives a 20% (22% on a level 20 item) chance of reducing damage by 5% per rank. It can be created in armour gizmos.
Absorbative effectively provides a 1% damage reduction per rank. However, Absorbative does not reduce hard typeless damage (typeless damage that is unaffected by defensive abilities).
||Reduction per hit
||Average damage reduction
- All numbers in parentheses refer to level 20 gear.
- The average ratio of damage taken, , from Absorbative to that of without Absorbative is
- The average damage reduction is then, after some rearranging,
- A calculator for this is at the top of this page.
- Assumption :
- The enemy is dealing damage with anything that is not hard typeless.
- is the rank of the Absorbative perk.
- is the proc chance of Absorbative to activate (.2 normally, .22 if the Absorbative perk is on level 20 gear).
- when or . This represents summing over all possibilities where integer represents the amount of hits prior to the proc of Absorbative. The probability of Absorbative proccing on hit is therefore .
- is the random value uniformly sampled between the enemy's minimum hit and maximum hit. The describes different sets of hits. The sets are regenerated for every new value of .
- has elements with integer . This is the damage taken before the perk procs.
- Clarification : This does mean that for that there are no elements in this set.
- is the damage taken from a single hit when Absorbative procs.
- The set of values in for integer is the same in both the numerator and denominator of the ratios for any given .
- This can be simplified if the assumption is that every value integer , integer is taken to be the same . In this scenario, there is no random element and the above is then only dependent on the proc chance. This simplification is increasingly accurate in the limit of large . A table is provided at the top of the page.
Using these simplifications, the damage reduction reduces to