Abbinah is the homeworld of the aviantese, including the god Armadyl. The aviantese there were once disparate tribes, constantly warring with each other, but Armadyl united them. It is near the planet Kethsi.
Abbinah is a harsh place with little water and a shattered outer core consisting of floating islands, as well as a chaotic open core that is the only place where water can be found. The islands move at high speeds, with only a few city-sized islands in stable orbit. From above, Abbinah is obscured by hurricanes and storms that rage across the surface.
Due to the lack of resources on Abbinah, the few aviansie that reached old age before Armadyl's unification of the tribes would commit ritual suicide to relieve the burden on their clans.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Abbinah was first hinted at in Chaos Elemental Note 9.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Above the Lore - episode 11: Rite of Passage Mod Raven : "I want to take [the players] to the aviansie homeworld of Abbinah." (01:35) Above the Lore podcast, 4 October 2013.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Raven's Twitter account. 4 October 2013. (Archived from the original on 14 October 2013.) Mod Raven: "The correct spelling is Abbinah."
- ^ Armadyl, "Missing, Presumed Death", RuneScape. "Need I remind you how they obliterated the planet Kethsi near my homeworld?"
- ^ Armadyl, "The Bird and the Beast", RuneScape. "Abbinah is a world of floating islands. Like any race, we need water, and the only source is at the core of our world."
- ^ Mod Raven. 'Runescape Multiverse' by 'gamez-x'. Reddit. 1 June 2016. (Archived from the original on 12 June 2020.) Mod Raven: "Can confirm the core is less glowy fire in my head. The actual core should almost be the ocean, with the floating islands a little more dry and desert like in response. I imagine lots of islands hurtling about at high speed, with only one or two stable ones in high orbit. The biggest island should only be about the size of a city though. In addition, Abbinah is beset by constant raging storms that rage across the surface. So you'd generally see a hurricane covering it if you look at it from an external view. It probably has a moon or two as well, though honestly I hadn't decided on that yet."
|Realms and worlds|