Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede
The Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede is a large abbey in the desert where the followers of Saint Elspeth live. The organisation and abbey were founded in 99 or 100 of the Fifth Age. It is located east of Al Kharid, past the desert strykewyrms. A Saradominist abbey was founded there in her memory, and the Sisters of Saint Elspeth devote their time to music and prayer within its walls. The abbey has sand-blasted walls, and a gate to keep out the desert strykewyrms, which are found immediately to the west, as well as bandits.
It is the location where St. Elspeth's remains were found. The Ripper's remains are also found here, though the abbey's inhabitants are seemingly unaware of it. Unlike Elspeth, The Ripper survived and is lingering beneath the abbey, having corrupted several miners and turned them into a pack of ripper demons.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- From Al Kharid lodestone, head out of the east exit of the city, and run east till you reach the Citharede.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Outside[edit | edit source]
Members of the order[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is a cave south of the abbey. When examined it says, "Deep scratches have been made on the lip of this cave." It is where the Eagles lie, but it could also be where Sister Anna hid when she broke out through the window of her cell.
- The portcullis examine text reads, "The abbey is built much like a fortress."
- The abbey is known to use Vespers and Compline, which are prayers in the Christian tradition of canonical hours.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- The bell in Citharede Abbey no longer disappears after the cutscene with Sister Anna.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- Players can once again teleport from the top of the Citharede tower.
References[edit | edit source]
|Towns and cities|
|Points of interest|