A Guild of Our Own is the third and final caper Guildmaster Darren Lightfinger will assign a player who has completed the Buyers and Cellars quest and the previous two capers, From Tiny Acorns and Lost Her Marbles.
Location of the Guild Registry
- Find your way to east Ardougne. The Guild Registry is located in the south eastern section of the town. Enter the guild. Talk to the Registrar.
- Pickpocket the Registrar to obtain a Cuckoo clock key to the cuckoo clock. Make sure your blackjack is wielded.
The next bit you have to do quickly! Read it before you proceed.
Location of the clock, lever, and trapdoor
- Click on the ornate cuckoo clock to wind it
- Return to the main room with the guard. You must stand next to the counter, not by the doorway to the cuckoo clock room. The registrar will notice the unusual sounds from the clock and move into the next room to investigate.
- As soon as the Registrar is in the cuckoo clock room:
- lure the guard;
- knock out the guard with your wielded blackjack; and
- steal from the Guard to obtain the vault key.
- Pull the lever on the wall behind the main desk to open the trap door.
- Climb down the trapdoor in the southwest corner to enter the vault room.
If the Registrar returns to the main room before you enter the basement you will have to repeat the entire process. It may take a few tries to succeed.
- When you succeed in getting down the trapdoor, the Registrar will ask Bernard what happened and then lock you in the vault to "stew for a while".
- Pick the lock on the gates to enter the area with a large chest. (This may take many attempts, even with a lockpick.) (If it's not working, try using the lockpick on the door)
- Check the Registry Strongbox to look for traps (otherwise you get hit for up to 3300 life points).
- Open the chest to obtain the bonds.
- Inspect the shortest box outside the vault area (under a vent in the wall) and exit.
- Bank the vial of stench (a), as the Guild Registry cannot be re-entered with it.
- Re-enter the Guild Registry and speak to the Registrar to complete the Thieves' Guild registration.
- Return to Lumbridge and speak with Darren Lightfinger to complete the miniquest. Congratulations, caper complete!
- Music unlocked
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 5 October 2020 (Update):
- The guard is no longer able to block the registrar from returning to the entry room in 'A Guild of Our Own'.
- If you talk to the guard before winding the cuckoo clock, he will say that the stench is vile. This is a play on vile being a homophone of vial, which in turn references the vial of stench.
- Completing this caper is a requirement for the Completionist Cape, as a piece of music cannot be unlocked without it.
- It is impossible to enter the Guild Registry after stealing the bank notes, as the player doesn't want to "tempt fate by going in there."