A Cultist's Journey is a series of narrative tasks released as a part of Path of the Creators. The tasks remained in game permanently after the event has ended. The tasks involve helping The Curator, who is worried about a number of cults devoted to the Elder Gods, specifically Humans Against Monsters. Although there are no requirements, it is recommended to complete City of Senntisten beforehand as the tasks deal with direct consequences of events of that quest.
According to the in-game Quest List, this lore activity is not a miniquest as it is not listed there.
In order to start the activity, speak to the Curator, located south of Challenge Mistress Fara in Burthorpe. He is concerned with reports of cults devoted to the Elder Gods appearing across Gielinor. His primary concern is Humans Against Monsters group and its leader, Johanhus Ulsbrecht. The Curator asks you to find and talk to Johanhus, and subsequently report back to Burthorpe. Johanhus's location will change every time you report back to the Curator.
The locations are, in order:
- Next to the research notes in the Exam Centre near the Archaeology Guild. The quickest way to get there is to use the Dig Site pendant to teleport directly to the Centre. Alternatively the Archaeology journal can be used to teleport just north-west of the location.
- North of the Hunting expert in the Feldip Hills. This location can be accessed by runing north from Oo'glog lodestone, west from AKS fairy ring or south from Lemantolly Undri gnome glider (shortcut 6, requires partial completion of One Small Favour).
- Inside the Senntisten Cathedral. Pontifex shadow ring, requiring the completion of City of Senntisten, teleports right next to Johanhus. The dig sites map in the Archaeology Guild, archaeology teleport or the master archaeologist's outfit can be used to teleport to the Senntisten Dig Site camp just north-east of the cathedral, provided the player has level 60 Archaeology. Alternatively Senntisten can be accessed through ancient door to the north of Archaeology Guild and right next to Lemanto Andra (shortcut 3) gnome glider.
- At the Senntisten, in Nodon Front, east of K'ril Tsutsaroth and near the entrance to the lower combat area. The quickest way to get there is to use a War's Retreat's or Max Guild's boss portal attuned to Kerapac, the bound and running south-east. Alternatively Johanhus can be reached by running east from the Cathedral, then south, then down the stairs to the west and slightly south. The Nodon dragonkin in the area are aggressive unless the Shard of Erebus is equipped.
- This activity has no rewards.
Johanhus in the Exam Centre,
Johanhus in the Feldip Hills.
Johanhus in the Senntisten cathedral.
Johanhus in the Nodon Front.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- The tasks were originally a part of Path of the Creators and accessing each one required a certain progress in the event. They were tasks 2, 15, 30, and 40 respectively. After the event was removed from the game, the tasks remained permanently, as they are considered part of the Elder Gods narrative.