2012 Hallowe'en event
|Release date||24 October 2012 (Update)|
|End date||6 November 2012 (Update)|
|Reward||Hallowed robes, Unhallowed robes, Unhallowed gloves, Ectoplasmator|
|Head developer||Mod Wilson|
|Preceded by||Deathcon II (2011)|
|Succeeded by||Lumbridge Rebuildathon (2013)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Haunted Houses was the 2012 Hallowe'en event. It is a community-based event, where players must pick a side to hunt ghosts haunting houses in RuneScape. Players could start the event in the Varrock Square or Falador Park by talking to either Brother Righteous for Team Righteous or Brother Heinous for Team Heinous.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Brother Righteous or Brother Heinous in Varrock Square or Falador Park.|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
None; transportation items may be helpful
|Enemies to defeat||
Hunting ghosts.[edit | edit source]
There are ghosts haunting the houses of RuneScape, which you must find. Players can get hints for the locations of the ghosts by talking to either one of the monks, Brother Righteous (white) or Brother Heinous (red). Up to five ghosts can be found per wave and the locations will reset every two hours. You will receive a notification in the chatbox when the next wave begins. Before every wave, it is required to check in with the monks either in Varrock or Falador and start a hunt.
Once a ghost is found, it can be dismissed, rewarding the player with 10 ectoplasm that can be spent on various rewards in the Hallowe'en Reward Shop. Robes pieces cost 25 ectoplasm each and an ectoplasmator may be purchased after purchasing all of the robes for 50 ectoplasm. An ectoplasmator provides Prayer experience when killing ghosts, in a way similar to a bonecrusher.
All possible locations[edit | edit source]
Free-to-play[edit | edit source]
- Al Kharid
- Barbarian Village
- Pottery building
- Building west of pottery building
- Clan Camp (south of Falador) - Meeting tent, public version
- Draynor Village
- Goblin Village - East building
- Port Sarim
- Blue Moon Inn - upstairs
- Gertrude's House
- Thessalia's Fine Clothes
- Fancy Clothes Store
- East Bank
- Horvik's Armour Shop
- Building north of Estate agent's house
- House north of the Museum
- Museum - near the Dahmaroc statue
- Varrock Palace
- 1stUK], little room just east of the main stairs floor[
- Library, north end of the groundUK] floor[
Members Only[edit | edit source]
- Building southeast of the lodestone, and north of Commander Denulth
- 1stUK] of floor[Burthorpe Castle - north of the lodestone
- 1stUK] of floor[Dunstan's house - north of Xuan, in northeast corner of Burthorpe
- Carwen Essencebinder Magical Runes Shop - in northeast corner of Burthorpe
- North-east corner, inside Penda's house north of Xuan
- 1stUK] of Burthorpe Castle - north of lodestone floor[
- East Ardougne
- Jerico's house immediately south of the north bank
- House immediately north of church (locked)
NOTE: You WILL take damage if you fail to pick the lock. Lockpicks and Hair clips do not work.
- House at the north end of Ardougne Market
- Estate Agent
- Southeast bank (south of the market)
- House with Estate agent - Northwest of the Bank (Southeast)
- Zenesha's Platebody Shop - at the south end of Ardougne Market (this location replaced the Registrar's House ghost location)
- Wizard Cromperty's House at northeast corner of Ardougne
- Seers' Village
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Every ghost dismissed earned the player 10 ectoplasm, thus a maximum of 50 ectoplasm could be gained per hunt. Each piece of the robes costs 25 ectoplasm, while the ectoplasmator costs 50.
All rewards, with the exception of the cloaks, are members-only. If you are Free-to-play, you only get the choice of the cloak when you select the option *Shop*. The robes can be switched freely between hallowed and unhallowed versions. The ectoplasmator can only be bought while wearing the full set of robes.
|Image||Name||Cost||Free to play?|
|/||Hallowed hood/Unhallowed hood||25|
|/||Hallowed cloak/Unhallowed cloak||25|
|/||Hallowed torso/Unhallowed torso||25|
|/||Hallowed robe skirt/Unhallowed robe skirt||25|
|/||Hallowed gloves/Unhallowed gloves||25|
|/||Hallowed boots/Unhallowed boots||25|
|Total cost (P2P)||200|
A total of 200 ectoplasm points is needed to unlock all of the rewards. This means a member has to complete at least four games. F2P users are only rewarded with a cloak and, ergo, only have to play one game to unlock all available rewards.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Ghosts are not visible until the player is within 6 squares of them, and do not show as yellow dots in minimap at all times. Players should make sure they get close enough to find them.
- Watch the in-game message area, as it can mention that you have spotted a ghost in a location if you went near enough to it. If you see this line but have not seen the ghost yet, look around as you are near it. (You only see this message if you are the first player in a hunt to spot the particular ghost.)
- Remember that spotting a ghost does not dismiss it. Make sure you actually dismiss it!
- Weight reducing clothing may be of assistance as there is a bit of running around involved.
- It is possible to have an unhallowed cloak and the hallowed set, or vice versa, This is done so by logging on to a F2P world and switching the cape's colours and switching back to a P2P world and putting the robes on.
- Players were once able to buy the members-only ghost items in a free-to-play server. The players were then unable to do so after an update, and, while still owning the items, were unable to equip them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This event was very similar to the 2012 Easter event, in which two separate teams, headed by the Chocatrice and the Evil Chicken, respectively, recruited players in a hunt for eggs.
- The robe sets are based on the robes that the Druids wear in Taverley.