|Release date||4 January 2016 (Update)|
|Requirements||Find twelve statues for the party garden during 15 Year Anniversary Celebrations|
|Infobox • Talk page|
15 Year is an emote unlocked during the 15 Year Anniversary Celebrations after collecting 12 statues. It has 15 variations, which are cycled through sequentially when the emote is used. To use a specific one, players may right-click the icon.
Years[edit | edit source]
Each emote shows notable updates released in that year.
- 2001 - Represents the release of the game, Fishing, Imp Catcher, The Knight's Sword, Dragon Slayer and the 2001 Christmas event.
- 2002 - Represents Fletching, Tutorial Island, the King Black Dragon, Holy Grail, Lost City and the 2002 Hallowe'en event.
- 2003 - Represents Dwarf Cannon, Legends' Quest, Underground Pass, Gertrude's cat, gnomeball, the 2003 Easter event, the 2003 Hallowe'en event and the duplication glitch.
- 2004 - Represents RuneScape 2, Castle Wars, the Kalphite Queen, Big Chompy Bird Hunting, Monkey Madness, Canifis, Brimhaven dungeon and incorrectly the Stronghold of security.
- 2005 - Represents Barrows, Slayer (abyssal demons), Desert Treasure and Ancient Magicks (Ice Barrage)
- 2006 - Represents Construction, Hunter (Chinchompa), Falador Massacre, Pest Control (Void Knight equipment) and In Aid of the Myreque (Rod of Ivandis).
- 2007 - Represents God Wars Dungeon, Grand Exchange, gravestones, Wilderness ditch, the removal of player killing in the Wilderness and revenants.
- 2008 - Represents Ancient Warriors' equipment (Vesta's specifically), While Guthix Sleeps, tormented demons, dragon claws and Summoning.
- 2009 - Represents The Chosen Commander, Evil Trees, Missing My Mummy and Within the Light.
- 2010 - Represents Nomad's Requiem, Dungeoneering, 2010 Christmas event and The Void Stares Back.
- 2011 - Represents Ritual of the Mahjarrat (Lucien), Clan Citadels, Nex, the 2011 Hallowe'en event, green skin and ClusterFlutterer.
- 2012 - Represents Player-owned ports, Evolution of Combat (Tsunami) and the Queen Black Dragon.
- 2013 - Represents Guthix's death in The World Wakes, Divination (Orla Fairweather), Battle of Lumbridge and The Bird and the Beast. The outfits worn by the gods represent the Solomon's General Store update of 2013.
- 2014 - Represents Fate of the Gods (Zaros), Prifddinas and Araxxor.
- 2015 - Represents the Summer Beach Party, The Lord of Vampyrium (Castle Drakan) and Tuska Comes.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Errors[edit | edit source]
- The emotes contain several inaccuracies. Imps appeared as miniature lesser demons in 2001, the King Black Dragon had only 1 head in 2002, and the dwarf multicannon had 8 barrels in 2003. Even dismissing RuneScape Classic models as a possibility, giant rats and the King Black Dragon did not use their current model when RuneScape 2 was released, and the Kalphite Queen had a different model in 2004. The 2005 emote contains the most recent Ice Barrage animation rather than the original, and also uses the RSHD model for abyssal demons.
- King Arthur appears in the 2003 emote, but is only referenced in that year during Murder Mystery and Underground Pass, and doesn't actually make appearances in them. He was added to RuneScape the year before, on 27 February 2002. He also did not use the model he uses in the emote until 2006.
- The fancy boots, which were released on 4 June 2006 and the dragon platelegs, released on 17 January 2005, incorrectly appear in the 2004 emote. Jagex has acknowledged the mistake.
- The Ahrim's set in the 2005 emote has a different shade for the sleeves and hood than the original. This was changed on 14 March 2016.
- The 2006 emote features an Ivandis flail instead of a Rod of Ivandis, only the latter of which was released in 2006. The flail was released on 22 April 2008.
- Durial321 wore a green partyhat during the Falador Massacre, rather than a red one as shown in the 2006 emote. This was changed on 14 March 2016.
- The 2012 emote uses the modern appearance of Tetsu equipment, which did not debut until January 2013. The original outfit could not have been obtained at the time, though, due to the time barrier in the minigame.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Players with the 15 Year Emote unlocked can now perform the 2013 version.
- Players who have unlocked the 15-year anniversary emote can now perform the 2006 emote.
- Corrected the 2005 version of the 15-year emote to show the year correctly with low detail settings.
References[edit | edit source]